air conditioning

carol5553

Hi Carol..in the cabins when you walk in first they are normally really cold.the AC is on the celling and there is this knob that you can spen to turn it to cold or hot or med. if you have any questions when you get on the ship about that ask your Cabin steward..

What ship are you going on??

I've never had a problem with A.C. not keeping it cool enough. On our last cruise (Yes, I know it's not Carnival) we had to keep turning it to the hottest setting, because it was freezing. I know it had to have been in the 60's, because we keep the house at 74.

I forgot all about this one.

I think the AC works just fine after a while but when we have a balcony cabin, on the first day it's just too hot in our cabin what with opening and shutting the cabin door and all.

I decided to bring a fan from now on but have no clue where to look for an appropriate one. Just something to move the air around and provide some additional circulation.

Any ideas?

were going on the Paradise 8-15-2004 can't wait, first trip just a little concerned about the AC (I'm at that stage in my life where i need AC, if you know what i mean)
Well, no problem if you're in an OV or IS cabin. It can get downright freezing if you leave it on the coldest setting.....in a suite it can get a bit warmer due to the larger space and the balcony door.

I keep my house pretty cool, so I have had no problems with Carnival's cabins being just about right for me. I've heard lots of folks say it's "too cold" all the time.

CHRIS - Go to WallyWorld. They have fans of every size and shape. I have a couple of the small ones in my bathrooms here - just for circulation. We're talkin' about, ummm, $6-7.

Hi,

We had no AC on our trip in 2001 on the Triumph. It was hotter then hades in there. The cruise line kept coming back and trying to fix it but nothing worked. At night we wedged the balcony room door open with a chair just for the little bit of breeze. In the end we wound up with a $600 room credit for the trouble. We sail on the Triumph again in 2 weeks, not going to let a little thing like warm air spoil what was otherwise a great vacation.

On the Conquest, we could never get the temp right in our cabin. It was always either too hot or too cold, and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it.

I'm also convinced that the thermostat doesn't do much. One night, I woke up shivering, and I turned the thermostat almost all the way to the warm setting. I pulled up the bed spread and went back to sleep. It was still cold several hours later when I woke up.

Archived