Jewel Of The Seas Cruisers...?

dannjenn

I plan on booking a cruise for a JOS cruise for next year. The ship leaves from Amsterdam, but ends up in Oslo, Norway. When looking for plan tickets, I found tickets to Amsterdam, but when looking for a one-way back from Oslo it says I cant fly out of there.

I was wondering what the best route of travel was? Should I just buy a round trip ticket to and from Amsterdam, and when the cruise is over find a way back to Amsterdam? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

Did you check to see what RCCL offers for air. Maybe they can offer something. They do offer to arrange air for a fee, so maybe they can set something up for you. Just an idea.... Otherwise I would try some other non USA airlines....Maybe Luftansa or maybe KLM.

Good luck...

What website are you using to identify flight options? You will probably need to switch lines from Oslo, so if you're using the Delta or American website, you won't get those options.

Better websites include: Orbitz, Kayak and Sidestep. And, as stated earlier, RCI might provide the best option.

The cost of the air through RCI was more than the cruise would be like 2,700, to me that's a little silly. Then I looked at Expedia (I think) and it stated they don't accept flights from Oslo Norway???? But I'll try the foreign lines see what they offer...it still won't be til next year so I have time to decide.

The cruise leaves from Amsterdam and ends in Oslo Norway.. would you book one way to Amsterdam and one way home from Oslo OR round trip from Amsterdam? Im totally clueless at to how we would get back to Amsterdam from Oslo unless there is a ferry type thing to get us back...

Your situation involves an "open-jaw" flight itinerary where you fly into one airport and home from another. That is a situation is one where frequently the cruiseline can offer you less expensive airfare. Check to see what it will cost you to book on your own, but don't be surprised if that "expensive" cruiseline airfare looks a lot better when you see what it will cost you to book directly with the airlines, since you pretty much are booking two one-way fares. If it turns out that you can find cheaper airfare, jump on it, but I suspect that you will revise your thinking about what the cruiseline is charging, once you know all your options.

You may want to try the website of the international carriers over seas. For instance, try KLM or such. You can find fares to/from Oslo and see if it is cheaper to fly back to AMS. I would think it would be, but do some checking.

Archived