Thermal Spa Package

2B@C

Several posts have mentioned a thermal spa package but I can't seem to find any info on the Princess website (we're booked on the Diamond but it is still over a year away). What exactly is this and what do you get? Is it just access to steam rooms and saunas, or something else? Is it available on the Diamond? Is it a by-the-day charge or can you get something for the duration of the cruise? Any feedback would be appreciated.

The Thermal Suite is a wonderful retreat within the spa. Last time we were on Sapphire Princess it was available free to those having spa treatments, or for a per day charge. I think at the time the charge was $10 per day.

It consists of a warm room with tiled couches that are heated from inside, wonderful for resting on. Then there is a great steam room, a sauna, and an "aromatic" room which has warm scented breezes. After all that, there is a "tropical rain" shower, and when you are ready you punch the button for the "icy blast"! It is all wonderfully relaxing and invigorating. It is co-ed which makes it nice to enjoy with your spouse (but of course you have to keep your swimsuit on!)

There are also free steam rooms in the ladies and gents changing rooms, but not nearly as elegant, and without the rest of the package.

Have a GREAT cruise!

On Caribbean Princess, it was $79/person or $109/couple for the entire 1 week cruise. It was complimentary if you were in a full suite.

Only caveat is that on CB, it was open from about 8 to 8 most days - so you couldn't use it in the evenings.

Just got back from the Star and we used it all week. They have a package $110.00 per couple for the week. For $65.00 more you could also add a couples mud bath (it was wounderful). It was $20.00 a day charge.

I will sign up for this every cruise. My husband enjoyed it, also.

I am just back from the Island Princess. We enjoyed our 2 week pass.

For our 15 day cruise unlimited use from 8 to 8 sea days and 8 to 10 port days. It cost $150. p/p or $225. p/c. The Island has 4 heated lounges, 1 dry sauna, 2 steam, 2 Rainshowers and one other steam room. It does not have showers or saunas in ladies or mens room. Only in the Lotus Sanctuary Thermal Suite. It is also co-ed. Someone forgot to tell one gentleman on our cruise :eek: .

It is very nice but I think next time I will pay by the visit.

It is available on the Diamond, we got a bought a pass for the week and enjoyed it, there were 5 hot tile longers, different showers, steamrooms and sauna's.

It was wonderfully relaxing:)

Are the tile longers in an inside room or can you relax and see the water? Did you ever get turned away because too many folks were there?

We are going to Alaska in May and thought that might be a nice thing to do.

Can you book the thermal suite ahead of time, or do you have to wait until you are on board?

I used it when I was on the HAL Amsterdam last November and loved it. I had to wait until I was onboard though to book it.

They were only selling 15 passes for the 10 days on the ship, so it was important to be there as soon as we boarded.

Thanks for the help.

Can you book the thermal suite ahead of time, or do you have to wait until you are on board?

I used it when I was on the HAL Amsterdam last November and loved it. I had to wait until I was onboard though to book it.

They were only selling 15 passes for the 10 days on the ship, so it was important to be there as soon as we boarded.

Thanks for the help.

Just got off the CB and the price has increased to $115 per couple. I don't think you can book it ahead of time. Also now that Stiners is running the spa on the CB they won't let you use the changing rooms, bathrooms, sauna/steam rooms unless you have purchased some type of treatment. The full size showers in the changing rooms are great. If you have purchased a thermal suite package you can use everything whenever the Spa is open.

If you get a spa treatment... is it free for the time you are there for the spa treatment?

If your talking about the thermal suite, I don't think so, but you can use the rest of the facilities.

Just got off the CB and the price has increased to $115 per couple. I don't think you can book it ahead of time. Also now that Stiners is running the spa on the CB they won't let you use the changing rooms, bathrooms, sauna/steam rooms unless you have purchased some type of treatment. The full size showers in the changing rooms are great. If you have purchased a thermal suite package you can use everything whenever the Spa is open.

Wow.

That's the first I've heard of this. It's been my experience on every

single Princess ship I've sailed on that the regular saunas and steamrooms

are always complimentary -- and this is a Steiner-run spa, too, not

when Princess ran the spas:confused:

I mean, when I had to use the restroom while at the Lotus Pool,

the nearest restroom is the one inside the spa, which is where I

went, and of course the showers and steam rooms are in that area,

so I can't imagine how they can police that area....

I swear the left hand doesn't know what the right hand does from

ship to ship.

Wow.

That's the first I've heard of this. It's been my experience on every

single Princess ship I've sailed on that the regular saunas and steamrooms

are always complimentary -- and this is a Steiner-run spa, too, not

when Princess ran the spas:confused:

I mean, when I had to use the restroom while at the Lotus Pool,

the nearest restroom is the one inside the spa, which is where I

went, and of course the showers and steam rooms are in that area,

so I can't imagine how they can police that area....

I swear the left hand doesn't know what the right hand does from

ship to ship.

They have locked all the doors leading to the pool from the Spa so there is no way to get from the spa to the poll unless you exit the spa go up one deck and walk forward and then back down to the pool. I don't think they police it that well, but there are signs posted that say the restrooms are only for Spa customers.

They have locked all the doors leading to the pool from the Spa so there is no way to get from the spa to the poll unless you exit the spa go up one deck and walk forward and then back down to the pool. I don't think they police it that well, but there are signs posted that say the restrooms are only for Spa customers.[/quote]

This blows! You know what, if I'm paying to be on THAT particular ship

then I'm going to use any public bathroom I want. This is just ridiculous.

I don't care if Steiners runs the spa --- Princess built the ship. I'm

going on a Princess cruise and not a Steiner's cruise.

I'll be curious next month on the Golden to see if they're pulling the same

thing.

If nature calls, I'm going to use that spa bathroom. I spend a lot of time at the Lotus Pool. Why should I

have to walk all the way to another location on the ship to use the restroom?

OMG -- between this, and limiting our internet and skimping on

the Martinis, this is nuts. I think I once joked about "pay toilets"

on the cruise when everyone was so irked about Princess' nickel and

diming, but I'm sorry --- when it comes to restrictions on bathrooms,

that's the last straw.

Archived