All First Time Crusiers Unite!!!

majosa

Since there are so many of us out there who really dont know what is going on in the cruise world and we have sooooo many questions. T o the average cruizer it may seem silly but to those of us who are just learning it literallly could be a life saver. I suppose we start out our new board. Any takes with me

Since there are so many of us out there who really dont know what is going on in the cruise world and we have sooooo many questions. T o the average cruizer it may seem silly but to those of us who are just learning it literallly could be a life saver. I suppose we start out our new board. Any takes with me

Here is a link to the First time cruisers board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

We are looking forward to our first trip! We just booked the shore excursions with Carnival's online booking (after researching each port of call site on the internet plus some suggestions from friends) and can hardly wait for our cruise. Woo-Hoo! (o:

The way I look at it, we've got to start somewhere. I'd rather ask a so called silly question now than regret not knowing later. Hope you have a Great first cruise!!

June seems sooooo far away!!

Christy

my sister and BIL just returned from 3 day Sensation cruise and was OUTRAGED at her S & S bill. She was charged for $120.00 for tips, price of drink PLUS tip and high rates for Carnival booked excursions.

I was laughing. Her complaints were ALL things I already knew about have prepared for by reading the boards. She did not do ANY research before booking or going on her cruise.

Like the saying goes - Knowledge is Power.

Read everything you possibly can about your cruise. I found CC by accident and could not believe the stuff that I did not know. If you post you must have tough skin as some of the people on this board may attack so don't worry about it. The majority of us are very very nice people and would love to help you.

Enjoy that first cruise as there is nothing like it.:)

I really appreciate all the stuff I've learned. I'm glad I went cheap on the cabins so I can spend('m sure I will) on everything else and enjoy it. I've found out I should by a "soda card" (is there a "booze Card"?), I'll be careful on the gambling, I'll enjoy the shows, can't wait for the port stops, and I will not allow myself to be a complainer. I do wish I had known that you have to pay for the specialty restaurant but now I'm prepared, I was planning on the golf simulator(they're fun) so now I won't be shocked by the price. This the first true vacation the 6 of us have been on in 15 years so I've prepared myself for the added expense(I hope!). I love the packing tips. Now if I can get the 3 girls to leave half of it home we'll be alright!

I don't think there are any so called "silly or stupid" questions!! Everyone has to start somewhere and the regulars here have all had their FIRST cruise at one time!! I lurk more than I post and I have learned soooo much.. I just love this website.. it's a bundle of knowledge and thanks everyone for answering all questions!! (Although DH thinks I'm a nut case because I'm on here constantly!) But when we cruise Freedom of the Seas in April hopefully I'll be so knowledgable! Happy Cruising!

I have received valuable information on this site, mostly the Celebrity and the Europe ports board. Every evening DH gets an earful of "what I leaned today." I can't travel without a good deal of reasearch. I want to maximize my vacation and not spend the first few days just trying to figure it all out.

my sister and BIL just returned from 3 day Sensation cruise and was OUTRAGED at her S & S bill. She was charged for $120.00 for tips, price of drink PLUS tip and high rates for Carnival booked excursions.

I was laughing. Her complaints were ALL things I already knew about have prepared for by reading the boards. She did not do ANY research before booking or going on her cruise.

Like the saying goes - Knowledge is Power.

i could only imagine the shock at these charges/expenses if it wasnt for cruisecritic. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 1st time cruiser and am very excited. Just booked my cruise 2 days ago for September 2007 Carnival Glory. I can't wait!! I found this sight about one month ago and check it out daily! I too have learned so much. I had so many questions and the more I research this site I usually find my answers. Thanks to all of you cruisers who help us '1st timers' out with all of our questions......

I really appreciate all the stuff I've learned. I'm glad I went cheap on the cabins so I can spend('m sure I will) on everything else and enjoy it. I've found out I should by a "soda card" (is there a "booze Card"?), I'll be careful on the gambling, I'll enjoy the shows, can't wait for the port stops, and I will not allow myself to be a complainer. I do wish I had known that you have to pay for the specialty restaurant but now I'm prepared, I was planning on the golf simulator(they're fun) so now I won't be shocked by the price. This the first true vacation the 6 of us have been on in 15 years so I've prepared myself for the added expense(I hope!). I love the packing tips. Now if I can get the 3 girls to leave half of it home we'll be alright!

Sounds like me. This is our first true vacation for us as well 16yrs:eek: . My first cruise so I to am trying to be as prepare as possible for all the unexpected. I found this site by accident and I'm sooo glad I did. Iam learning so much from all the veteran cruisers and have found them to be a god sent with a wealth of info and very helpful. Hope everyone enjoys their first cruise.

Any one cruiseing on the Freedom of the seas 10 June 07?. First time cruisers for my wife and my self. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :p

SHISKA.;)

Here is the link for Freedom roll call. I did not see your ship sail date on their. Check it out if your date is not their post it and wait for your fellow cruisers to check in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=377&order=desc

:) I am cruising on my own aboard Carnival Valor May 13, 2007 to the Western Carribbean-Grand Cayman, Roatan Island, Belize, and Costa Maya. This will be my first cruise outside of the Navy. I am excited and hoping I will have a great time.

newbie here too. i've learned so much from these boards, it's terrific! unfortunately it's costing me a fortune!! everytime i read a post about something i should bring i run out to buy it! lol.. i absolutely REFUSE to bring duct tape on my cruise though!:D

I've been lurking for a little while and just wanted to say hello. We (hubby and I) will be cruising for the first time in June. We are on the Imagination and will stop in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We got a really great deal on the cruise. I'm excited, nervous, and have a ridiculous amount of lists laying aroud *LOL*. Everytime I read something that recommends things to pack, I add it to my list just like Lowie.

Only 77 more days to go :o)

Thankfully, one of my vendors told me about this website the day after we booked! (She is on an E Caribbean cruise NOW!) CC has been "priceless" for my sister & me. We are "spur of the moment" people & booked our trip with less than a month to plan! We're taking our 82 yo mother...WATCH OUT NCL DREAM...THE MILLER GIRLS ARE COMIN'!!!

It IS addicting, but the info is great! :D

newbie here too. i've learned so much from these boards, it's terrific! unfortunately it's costing me a fortune!! everytime i read a post about something i should bring i run out to buy it! lol.. i absolutely REFUSE to bring duct tape on my cruise though!:D

You and me too! I have been thinking hard about the duct tape but can't imagine what I would need it for

I too am wondering about the duct tape. I guess if your suite case breaks you can always tape it shut! What else would you need it for?????? My first cruise is Carnival Glory in September. I am very excited!!!!:)

I am so glad I found these boards. I have read so many threads that are easing my anxieties. I'm so excitied I can't wait to go. My husband and I are really looking forward to going, this is our first vacation without our sons, my youngest, who's 12, is a little upset but he'll be fine. We're leaving May 11, out of NY on Miracle. 41 more days!!!

Archived