How do I find out if there will be large civic/clubs/groups on my cruise?

Riley's Mom

Why are you asking? I think the person trying to a list groups on cruises gave up.

If you don't care to cruise with the Red Hatters, or the Pond Society of Timbuktu do an internet search for your ship and date and see if anything comes up! Carnival unfortunately does not share this information with their passengers.

We are on the October 6th sailing and just found out that we are booked with approx 600-1000 Goth and Vampires. :eek: We googled the ships name and our cruise date to find out what large groups were on the ship at the same time. Should be interesting!:o

In keeping with Mr. Pete's logic, does this mean that this sailing is going to be a real pain in the neck?

Why are you asking? I think the person trying to a list groups on cruises gave up.

If you don't care to cruise with the Red Hatters, or the Pond Society of Timbuktu do an internet search for your ship and date and see if anything comes up! Carnival unfortunately does not share this information with their passengers.

Lesley,

What difference does it make why I want to know??? Are you a red hatter and sensitive about it??

I was just curious...that's all!!!

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Carla

LOL>>> too funny!

The happy part about the "Goth/Vampire" cruise tho is that finding a deck lounger near the pool etc should be very easy...they want the "white" look and avoid the sun LOL....you should have lots of room at the pools and the slide haha

You also forgot about how easy it should be to find our photos in the gallery!:) I am a little curious though, I hate the smell of garlic..... Do you think if I just hung a glass jar of it around my neck it would have the same effect?:confused: LOL

Another way is that some of these groupd book excursions as groups also. Here is a link that shows some of them. You can click on the different colums to sort.

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/groups2.asp?lookup=1&prevSortField=GRPNAM&grpsrch=SHPNAM&sortord=DESC&gFilter=&aFilter=&vFilter=&sFilter

Another way is that some of these groupd book excursions as groups also. Here is a link that shows some of them. You can click on the different colums to sort.

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/groups2.asp?lookup=1&prevSortField=GRPNAM&grpsrch=SHPNAM&sortord=DESC&gFilter=&aFilter=&vFilter=&sFilter

Thanks so much for the link. That site is as good as the old "groupsahoy" that is no longer operational.

So glad we don't have the goth cruise planned...we would have to cancel. Youngest son is a special needs child that has severe panic attacks around people dressed up. (lots of face make up etc) We have used Freddie to slowly teach him how to compensate...but that is only because the Cruise Directors forward me Freddie's schedule for the entire cruise before we arrive.

600 folks around all the time...we just could not do that!

Thank you somuch Cruise Cat..That is a great site.

I will be traveling with "Liz's 2007 Group'.. i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS THOUGH.. mAYBE A family group. I did find out that they may all be on the same shore excursion as we had planned ..so now I will change our excursion time...just incase they do have a large group going on the sameexcursion...would rather have a smaller excursion group..

Thanks again.

Carla

This thread has been cracking me up. I never thought to google my cruise but now I will for each cruise I take. Two of my single girlfriends went on a cruise last year, while waiting to embark they were thrilled to see so many men. After the first hour on board they realized there was a huge group of over 650 gay men on the cruise. They had a blast but had no romances :p.

I also like to know if any large groups are on board since several years ago a group of close to1000 red hat ladies were 0n our sailing.. They took up all the early seating for dinner and we got bumped to late seating. I was very upset about the late seating since at that time we had booked our cruise almost a year in advance and weren't told about the seating until we got to the ship. I thought it was unfair to us non-red hatters to be bumped. Sine then I like to research my sail date.

Carla

I've been on about 20 cruises already and have been lucky so far that there have never been any large groups on my cruises. I never even heard of the "Red Hat Ladies". My friends with the large group on their cruise made a big stink and the travel agent that they booked with is making it up to them for their next cruise by cutting her commission and giving them a really good deal.

Archived