Booking a new cruise while on a cruise

cruisepal48

We booked our Spirit cruise when we cruised on the Dawn and I loved doing it that way. You don't get any kind of huge deal--regular price, as far as I can tell, BUT you do get OBC. The amount varies depending on the category you book. We booked a suite and got $200 OBC. We looked at it as $200 for excursions we would not have taken otherwise. Plus the woman doing the booking knew so much about the cabins--the details, the location, what's above/below it. She told us our balcony had a bit of a overhang, unlike alot of the same category suites. So we would be mostly in shade on the balcony. We were glad to know that--we actually wanted shade since we were going to the Southern Caribbean.

PLUS--the best part--we continued on with our cruise already excited for our next one! It was such a great feeling.

Go for it! Get just exactly the cabin you want and don't go through any cruise withdrawal after your cruise. :)

We plan to sail on the Majesty in July, and debated whether to book now (during the sale) or wait until we're on board. We decided to wait -- if the price comes down before final, we'll get the lower price, and we get a larger on board credit by booking on board! We may very well book TWO cruises while we're on the Dawn, if I can talk DH into it!:D

greenie, I read somewhere that you can make a deposit for an upcoming cruise as long as it is within the next 12 or 18 months. Was this that case for you or did you have to specify a particular ship and date? Also, if prices drop before your final payment, can you receive any additional discount or is the price locked in as soon as you book? I made my final payment sooner than I needed to on my current cruise and then watched the prices drop dramatically and it has driven me crazy. I want to be as careful as possible in the future about this. Thanks for any info.

We booked our Spirit cruise when we cruised on the Dawn and I loved doing it that way. You don't get any kind of huge deal--regular price, as far as I can tell, BUT you do get OBC. The amount varies depending on the category you book. We booked a suite and got $200 OBC. We looked at it as $200 for excursions we would not have taken otherwise. Plus the woman doing the booking knew so much about the cabins--the details, the location, what's above/below it. She told us our balcony had a bit of a overhang, unlike alot of the same category suites. So we would be mostly in shade on the balcony. We were glad to know that--we actually wanted shade since we were going to the Southern Caribbean.

PLUS--the best part--we continued on with our cruise already excited for our next one! It was such a great feeling.

Go for it! Get just exactly the cabin you want and don't go through any cruise withdrawal after your cruise. :)

Thanks greenie, I am hoping to go next Jan or Feb which would be a little less the a year I hope they would except that. I know DH want to go to the Mexican Riviera so that would be the perfect time of year. I think

$200 is a nice perk for booking on board. Is that per person or both.:D

If you are searching past April 2008, it won't show up as NCL won't be posting their itineraries until late April to early June this year for next year.

Hi, No I'm not wanting to go that late. I plan to go Jan or Feb of 2008. They are posting those itineraries.:)

When we were on the Pearl recently, we bought the Cruise Rewards Certificate. $250 is placed in your NCL account toward any future cruise - and you have 18 months from the date on the cert to sail. You can book through any TA or NCL direct. Plus we received a $100 OBC for the cruise we were enjoying.

I don't know if this is offered on all ships, but it was on the Pearl. The Port and Cruise Consultant told me the OBC was being reduced to $50 the following week.

When we were on the Pearl recently, we bought the Cruise Rewards Certificate. $250 is placed in your NCL account toward any future cruise - and you have 18 months from the date on the cert to sail. You can book through any TA or NCL direct. Plus we received a $100 OBC for the cruise we were enjoying.

I don't know if this is offered on all ships, but it was on the Pearl. The Port and Cruise Consultant told me the OBC was being reduced to $50 the following week.

Thanks for your reply, I'll have to see what they offer.. I like the idea of OBC as I sure had a wopping bill on my Alaska cruise:eek: I'm going soon so maybe they'll be doing something else:)

Archived