Cozumel Cooking Excursion questions

karadsheh

Does anyone know what time the cooking excursion starts in Cozumel? I'd love to try and fit that workshop and a swim with the dolphins into one day, if possible. My husband has no interest in cooking....is there something for him to do while I'm cooking? Thank You!

I'm not sure this is the same one, but the one I booked through Royal Caribbean at Playa Mia begins at 8:30 AM and is scheduled to last until just after 2 PM. It seems like there's a decent amount for him to do there while you cook. There's a shopping area, snorkeling, jet skis, and other beach activities. http://www.playamia.com

Took this excursion on 2/15 from Legend OTS. Since we tendered, we met at the pier at 8:30 am (7 am arrival), were on the bus and on our way by 8:45 or so, and I think we actually started drinking (er, cooking) around 9:30. Ate around 12:30 or so, hund out at the beach a little and were on the bus back to San Miguel by 2 pm.

Legend OTS doesn't leave Coz until 11 pm, which is fantastic! We did the excursion, shopped for jewelry, souveniers, and tequila, had a snack, ate dinner, called home, wandered around, and then went back to the ship and collapsed. And we still had not sailed. As a last activity, we sat and watched the last tenders of partiers come back to the ship.

The beach has lots of chairs, nice sand, lots of equipment rentals, a giant buffet, bars, a wee bit of shopping (they're still constructing this part), and all the other stuff you'd expect from a beach club.

If your DH were really nice and was willing to join the class, he would also get the meal he makes and free wine with it, to boot! There seemed to be quite a few folks not interested in cooking in the class DW and I took, but the non-cookers looked like they enjoyed themselves anyways. The tequila shots and margaritas from the open bar may have had something to do with that.....:D

Archived