Current captian on the Dream?

indyjane

Hi there,

I will be sailing on the Dream 3/24. I heard such wonderful things on this board about Captain Lars that I was actually disappointed to read he finished his latest stint a few weeks ago. Could anyone tell me who the current captain for the Dream is and if he/she is friendly?

Thanks in advance!

Current Captain is Nenad Mojic. He is quite friendly. On the 2/17 cruise we saw him around the ship several times. He met on Sunday with our Cruise Critic group along with about seven other senior staff. He even had his picture taken with the Kid's Crew participants.

Just off the 2/17 - 2/24 Dream cruise; in a dozen cruises, no previous captain has come close to the friendliness, charisma and charm of Capt. Mogic. He is currently only on his second or third week; they actually do ten weeks on duty and then recieve ten weeks off. My wife asked if the Capt. had any NCL-related duties during the ten weeks off - nope, straight vacation time. Another officer had told my wife that he is married with two teenage children so I was surprised to read here that others had heard he was single... He did celebrate his birthday last week (44th - my wife had to know!). As far as his personality, we also met him at the Cruise Critic meet & greet where he was quick to point out that he did read this forum! He introduced the other officers and they stayed until all of our questions and photos were over... We later had the privilege of being invited to his personal cabin for a meet and greet with the captain and the other senior staff along with the other folks on the concierge list - a first for us and a really memorable experience. I frequently saw him about the ship chatting with the staff, being sociable, open and gregarious. Also on our bridge tour the bridge crew had only positive things to say... A long post for a short answer - he's a great guy.

I actually know Nenad from his days with Orient Lines when he was Chief Officer, and then Staff Captain with them. Last time I saw him (7 years ago), with Orient Lines, he was still married and had two daughters. They would both be teenagers now. He adores talking about his daughters, he does great impersonations of them. Great sense of humor. I don't know if he's still married, but I would assume so. He's a really nice guy, and a very good captain. The Dream is lucky to have him. He's around 45.

Lydia

Archived