Elation And Belize

mpffls

A cruise or so ago the Captain of the Elation choose to leave the port and go to PLaya because of some Tour strike or something........

Do they have this cleared up now.......has the Elation stoped there since

can't recall if it was the sailing on the 11th or the 18th

any one on the 25th or the 1st........when you get back let us know........

we are on the 22nd..........

thanx........trish

I called carnival as soon as I found out. The lady who answered the phone didn't know anything (or pretended not to :mad: ) but I talked to a couple of supervisors and found out that the change of itinerary was a one time deal. No more worries.

Danny

Hello Trish...we were on the Elation on 7/18 to 7/25/04...it was announced as a "transportation strike" on Belize...it apparently occurred just that morning...July 22nd...our Capt decided to take us to Playa...I agree with his decision...we had a fun day at sea the day we should have been in Belize...then did Playa Del Carmen the next day...it was great...we had an excursion with Coral Breeze in Belize already 50% paid for...they refunded our money before we even arrived home...that's what it was...nothing more/nothing less...didnt faze anyone I spoke with and I gave the Captain an attaboy for his quick, decisive decision...Jake

Thanx all for the info.......glad the captain salvaged what could have been a bad situation.....

I am glad it was a one time deal though........I am looking forward to Belize......as the exotic part of the trip.....go figure...

well in just 3 wks we will be on our way to houston......

thanx again.........

trish

Just returned from this cruise today (7/25 - 8/1) and we were able to anchor in Belize. No problems. I will say for all who care, the Goff's Cay was a wonderful tour. If you think about paradise, this was it.

Hope you have fun,

Just returned from this cruise today (7/25 - 8/1) and we were able to anchor in Belize. No problems. I will say for all who care, the Goff's Cay was a wonderful tour. If you think about paradise, this was it.

Hope you have fun,

Hey ebsilber!!we got off the Elation when u got on...so how was your trip!!what dining room where u in??we where in the Inspiration dining room with waiter 1st Joel and Rita then changed to Henry and nicholi...

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I did an excursion in Belize on July 25-31 on the Elation. We went on the snorkeling at Rendezvous Caye. It's a very small island surrounded by a coral reef. It was really fun, and we did see some amazing coral. However, the sea was a little rough, especially around the island (maybe it always is) and I didn't think the water was as clear as Cozumel. If I had it to do over, I would definitely choose to snorkel in Cozumel over Belize. Keep in mind that I've never been on any other snorkeling tours, so I'm by no means an expert. The problem with our excursion was that the guides were late getting to the ship, and there didn't seem to be any people who could guide everyone as where to go. We were told to meet in the Disco at 12:45pm. We did not walk down to the embarkation deck until 1:28. Also, there were other excursions meeting in the same area, so we weren't for sure until we got to the boat that we were in fact on the correct excursion. The guide on the boat told us that we would be snorkeling for 1 1/2 hours. We snorkeled for about 30 minutes around the small island and then everyone started heading back. Everyone went back to the island and took their gear off. I found out after I took my gear off that if you had wanted you could have continued to snorkel near the boat. I really didn't understand all of that, but I was a little dissappointed. We paid $75.00 each and I don't think it was worth it. HOWEVER, It was a neat trip out there to that island. They did have some drinks and we got to visit with some great people on the boat who were from Oklahoma where we live. It was not by any means a total loss, and it was fascinating seeing the reef. Really, this was one of my only complaints on my Carnival Elation cruise. We loved everything else and had a GREAT time!!

-Ron

Hi guys. We were on board the Elation last week (the Aug 1 sailing) and we did stop at Belize (tendered in for our excursion). We did the Altun Ha/City tour for our family of 6. First time we did a Carnival excursion, but paid the big $$ since we were a little afraid of missing the ship if we ventured out on our own. They must have the "transportation issues" worked out, since we had no problems and nothing was mentioned about it. Any questions, let me know.

Hilltopfamily,

You booked off the ship for Belize? We are wanting to do that but were afraid of missing the excursion. Please give me some details on that, and if you think there is plenty of time to get off and reach your tour. We are wanting to do the cave tubing.

If anyone else knows anything about the cave tubing and booking off the ship please let me know.

Thanks

We are on the Elation the 29th....

Linda:D 28_1_16.gif

Hello! We were on the Inspiration 7/18-7/25 and thankfully we booked with X-treme tours for a cave tubing excursion because we were one of the few people to actually be able to do something. Even with a scheduling error and the confusion of not having the buses Richard from X-treme was able to get us on our own bus with a guide and driver. The tour was amazing to say the least!

People coming back on the boat when we were getting off were VERY disappointed that they took the long tender ride just to find out they could not get anywhere once on land.

It also seemed the other drivers/tour guides were a little upset that we were going on this tour which I can understand after the amount of money they lost over a disruption/ miscommunication in service like that.

I am glad to hear everything is back to normal because it was an amazing place.

I would recommend the folks @ X-treme tours to anyone! Plus X-treme's price of $60 p.p. vs. 80 p.p. through Carnival AND a second cave were great! Cant beat that! They were very organized and did a great job in a pinch. I would also like to thank Carlos and Shawn who were our guide and driver for the tour. They were a subcontracted tour group (Belize by Bus?) through X-treme. They were EXCELLENT and would recommend them to anyone going!

--Andrew

Hello! We were on the Inspiration 7/18-7/25 and thankfully we booked with X-treme tours for a cave tubing excursion because we were one of the few people to actually be able to do something. Even with a scheduling error and the confusion of not having the buses Richard from X-treme was able to get us on our own bus with a guide and driver. The tour was amazing to say the least!

People coming back on the boat when we were getting off were VERY disappointed that they took the long tender ride just to find out they could not get anywhere once on land.

It also seemed the other drivers/tour guides were a little upset that we were going on this tour which I can understand after the amount of money they lost over a disruption/ miscommunication in service like that.

I am glad to hear everything is back to normal because it was an amazing place.

I would recommend the folks @ X-treme tours to anyone! Plus X-treme's price of $60 p.p. vs. 80 p.p. through Carnival AND a second cave were great! Cant beat that! They were very organized and did a great job in a pinch. I would also like to thank Carlos and Shawn who were our guide and driver for the tour. They were a subcontracted tour group (Belize by Bus?) through X-treme. They were EXCELLENT and would recommend them to anyone going!

--Andrew

Hey we saw yall in Belize!!We were on the Elation!!So did you like Belize?we left so we did not get to check it out!!:( Well insted we went to Playa Del Carmen!!it was beautiful!We have pictures of yalls ship in Belize!..Hey where yall in Cozumel on Friday??If yall were did yall see a Carnival ship in the Horizon?Well if you did that was us!

Pictures! http://community.webshots.com/user/wards03

Two things,

1) They now have access for laptops. The distance isn't very long but if you have a laptop and a Network B card it'll work. you still have to pay for time though unless you are resourceful and know how to hack time.

2) As of now. 9:42 EST the elation is heading to Belize. The ship is pretty quiet and the ride is nice. We will be voiding some storms though.

I'll try to check again this tomorrow to answer any/all questions. I'll use this topic as it takes up time to start a new thread.

Mark A. X. Andal

ScoundrelM

Hey Kim,

Yeah we had a great time! There were 10 of us on a little family cruise so we had the tour guide and bus all to ourselves and the ride down the river was great! We are actually thinking about spending some time there outside of cruising if we can find the right accomodations for all of us. It was that fun and interesting! Our guide told us that there is actually an all day tubing trip that brings you through 7 caves! That would be something! Plus the fact that English is the "official" language makes communicating that much easier.

I think if we didnt have that private tour setup that we would have been pretty bummed too but thanks to all the advise on here that didnt happen. Glad you had a good day at sea and in Playa! We had a balcony room and I do remember seeing another carnival ship that night I think on our way to Cozumel for Friday!

Sorry you didnt get to see Belize but I have to say for my first cruise it was neat to see all the places the boat stopped but I really enjoyed the days at sea to just kick back and relax.

--Andrew

Hilltopfamily,

You booked off the ship for Belize? We are wanting to do that but were afraid of missing the excursion. Please give me some details on that, and if you think there is plenty of time to get off and reach your tour. Linda

Sorry Linda that I wasn't very clear in my posting. :o We booked our excursion through Carnival and this was the 1st time we have ever booked through the ship because of the high $$ cost (it cost us a whopping $251 for our trip!!! yikes). Usually we try to manage things on our own. The only reason we did the ships tour while in Belize was because of recommendations from board posters against trying to "strike out on your own" at this POC. Good luck if you end of doing it on your own, I just worried that the tendering would make matters too difficult for us, along with having 4 kids in tow. Happy sails!

Hilltopfamily,

Thank you for your reply, I believe we have decided to go with the ship because of the uncertainty (unfortunatly) we really would like to go off the ship.

But let me ask Scoundrel M:

Can you please tell me what you did on Belize and if you heard if anyone had problems getting off in time for there tour, if they booked off the cruise.

Hope you having a great time, we cant wait we will be on the Elation on the 29th 16 and counting.....

Thanks,

Linda

Archived