Miami Boarding

catnt2

Hi all~

We're leaving for our Spring get away next week :) and I have a quick question to those who have sailed out of Miami in the last few weeks.

What time was the ship cleared to board ??

The reason I am asking is the last 2 times we've sailed out of Miami we have had to wait for hours in the terminal. Different situations on both, but friends have also had delays recently.

Hi all~

We're leaving for our Spring get away next week :) and I have a quick question to those who have sailed out of Miami in the last few weeks.

The reason I am asking is the last 2 times we've sailed out of Miami we have had to wait for hours in the terminal. Different situations on both, but friends have also had delays recently.

We just went out of Miami on Brilliance and the check in started at around 11 AM. When we returned 10 days later we were off the ship at 8:30 AM and had our luggage by 9 are were gone. They have pretty much kept people to the public areas until 1 PM and then allowed access to the cabins. We came onboard hit Windjammer for lunch and then the cabin. No muss no fuss. Any sailing can have delays due to customs and immigration with the past bunch of passengers. If you show up at 12:30-1 PM you'll never wait. Based on your signature you should be Diamond and breeze through check in.

Thanks~

We are going with friends, we're leaving our car at an off site parking and need to set up the time to go to the port.

I just didn't want to get there at our normal time 10:30-11:00 and have to sit around until 2-4 like our last 2 times.

Yeah, we've had to deal with the surprise customs for the crew, late arrivals, etc. I was just trying to see what times others have been able to board.

It's like an extra cruise day when we get to board the ship early, have lunch and then check out the ship or just lounge around.

We just got home last night from our sailing on the Navigator. We arrived at the pier about 12:30 and got right on the ship. Very nice! In past trips we got their earlier and got hung up waiting in the terminal, it was much nicer waiting a little bit and not having to wait in the terminal. Our room was ready when we boarded then we went up for lunch.

The ship was cleared and begining to let passengers off at 6:10 am! The colors were being called ahead of their scheduled time. We were 8:00 - 9:00 am and our color was called at 7:45 am. Very smooth departure.

Thanks~

We are going with friends, we're leaving our car at an off site parking and need to set up the time to go to the port.

Catnt2, if you don't mind my asking, which off site parking will you be using? I was just on the Port of Miami site and the parking is $15/day so I would like to investigate alternatives. Thanks and enjoy your cruise!:)

Catnt2, if you don't mind my asking, which off site parking will you be using? I was just on the Port of Miami site and the parking is $15/day so I would like to investigate alternatives. Thanks and enjoy your cruise!:)

I use Airport Parking Resv. Great Rates!! They have off site parking at several major airports. Just put in the airport, dates and then check out their options. They have Airport Parking, Valet Parking, Hotel (stay & park) plus Cruise Parking. All these plus free shuttle to/from!!

Be sure to use this link:

http://airportparkingreservations.com/cgi-local/customer/index.pl?refID=20701

If you have any problems let me know & I will try to help you.

We sailed on Explorer out of Miami earlier this month (2/04/07). We were on the ship eating lunch at the Windjammer by around 11:45. I know of some people who actually got on board around 11:00 or so. Seems they are getting people off real quick at the end of their cruises.

catnt2, Thanks for the great money saving tip!!! I booked through the parking site directly and there was a coupon there that I'd like to share with you:

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpcbmmia.htm

It's for a free night and a free car wash. I'm on an 11 night cruise so the savings will really add up fast! Thanks again! Enjoy your cruise!:)

Hi all~

We were on the Navigator for the Jan 20 sailing. We were at the port by 11:15 and eating in the Windjammer before noon. There were people already onboard when we arrived so I would assume that they were boarding by 11am.

Archived