Opinions needed!!!

Samantha781

:rolleyes: I am trying to put together an itinerary for our day in Barbados and my DH feels that Orchid World and Andromeda Gardens on the same day would be flower overkill.What do you think? If you had to choose one which would it be and why? Thanks so much.

We booked a tour thru Glorytours.org. Took the Natural Wonders tour which included Orchid World,St.Johns church,East coast,Flying fish lunch at Sand Dunes,The Wildlife Reserve,Batik studio and more. Check out there web-site for more info. Also check out Barbados.com. My tour was about 6hrs. They did a great job and we enjoyed Ricky our tour guide alot.

If you like to sun, swim and snorkel I would reccomend the Silver Moon I or II. We had a fantastic day on the catamarran with a really good lunch. You also get back around 2pm so you there is still plenty of time left to go shopping in town.

:rolleyes: I am trying to put together an itinerary for our day in Barbados and my DH feels that Orchid World and Andromeda Gardens on the same day would be flower overkill.What do you think? If you had to choose one which would it be and why? Thanks so much.

Glory Tours has quite a few tours to choose from. We toured with them on Feb 6 and had a gread time. No one else had signed up for the tour we chose so we ended up having a private tour. Very nice. We also did a tour with them in 2004.

:rolleyes: "I am trying to put together an itinerary for our day in Barbados and my DH feels that Orchid World and Andromeda Gardens on the same day would be flower overkill.What do you think? If you had to choose one which would it be and why? Thanks so much".

Well, not actually. Different flowers and different areas of the island.

Andromeda is in Bathsheba, on the East coast and an absolutely breathtaking setting. Much to see for non-flower lovers, too. This is the best of Barbados that most tourists do not see.

Orchid World is in the center of the island and also quite beautiful. You can see Gun Hill first, then on to OW then to St. John's Parish Church then NW to Andromeda.

A 4-6 hour taxi tour would fit these selections nicely.

I would return to the pier via the north/NW and perhaps see the Wildlife Reserve and St. Nicholas Abby before arriving at Speightstown and heading south seeing (almost) all the west coast.

Your taxi driver will guide you or there are tours available, but I suspect that both gardens would not be offered in a package tour.

Taxi rates are $25US/hr for up to four in the cab.

I will agree with Ming. While I have never been to Orchid World (which is just up the road from my house, so it seems a shame I've never been), and I haven't been to Andromeda in years, I think it would make a good tour the way Ming has it mapped out. If you wanted to do Flower Forest and Andromeda then it would be overkill.

Gun Hill, Orchid World, St. Johns Church, Andromeda, Lunch in Bathsheba, up the east coast and over to the west, with maybe a beach stop on the way back to the port.

Have a great day

Archived