Eurostar vs. Intercity Trains- worth extra $$?

We are traveling from Florence to Venice by train. We have priced these tickets and it costs 10 extra euros to go on the EuroStar train vs. the InterCity train. Is is worth it? What's the difference?

How about 1st class vs. 2nd class? We will have 2 backpacks and a rolling suitcase, if that matters.

Has anyone used the dining car? We think that would be a fun experience, but am worried about leaving our bags. My TA says they make you leave you bags when you move about the train. Any ideas?

We are traveling from Florence to Venice by train. We have priced these tickets and it costs 10 extra euros to go on the EuroStar train vs. the InterCity train. Is is worth it? What's the difference?

EuroStar = High-Speed-Train like Amtrak's Acela-Service between Boston - New York - Washington DC

http://www.trenitalia.com/en/treni_stazioni/alta_velocita.html

InterCity = high-quality express trains with classical cars and locomotion

http://www.trenitalia.com/en/treni_stazioni/intercity/index.html

But it stops more frequently... and they leave from different stations within Florence!!!

You are talking about 10 EUR when the cruises costs thousands of cruise...

You get extra time for sightseeing instead of sitting in the train.

How about 1st class vs. 2nd class?

Normally 50% more expensive.

More legroom and space.

More service.

We will have 2 backpacks and a rolling suitcase, if that matters.

For whom??? You must getting in and stow it...

Has anyone used the dining car? We think that would be a fun experience, but am worried about leaving our bags. My TA says they make you leave you bags when you move about the train. Any ideas?

Check between the longest non-stop lags:

This should be after boarding in Florence upto Bologna

by Eurostar: approx. 1 hr

and between Prato and Bologna

by Intercity: approx. 50 min.

Normally I return before I reach the next station. Nothing has ever been disappeared. But if when: I can notify the conductor before we reach the next station and someone can disappear with my staff.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Nice breakdown and analogy Heinbloed. DH and I took the EuroStar train from Venice to Roma Termini last fall and it was one of the highlights of our trip. We went with first class and were glad we did, big comfortable seats, lots of leg room, and the coffee and food service was great. We bought a lockable luggage strap from a luggage/travel store and locked our luggage together and secured it to the luggage rack at the front of the compartment, this gave us the peace of mind we needed to enjoy the trip. Have a great vacation!

DScruisericon7.gif

Even the regular class on the euro star trains is very nice; took it from Rome to Florence a few years ago and had a nice experience.

I didn't have luggage, however, so I'm not sure about how well that works.

Archived