Oceania Insignia -excursions

canolli

My boyfriend and I are going on a Oceania cruise on April 18th on the Insignia (Athens, Greece to Rome, Italy) for 10 days. We would like to know if anyone has gone on this cruise before, what excursions would you suggest and what recommendations you would have to do things on your own? Trying to get an idea so we can start setting things up. I know sometimes we would like to just be adventurerous on our own. Have looked at the many excursions and can't decide. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Canolli

We are going on the April 18, 2007 Insignia cruise as well. I have done a lot of research on the excursions and it seems that most of the ports can be done easily on your own. I have researched online as well as through various country guide books. I did book one excursion through Sicily Life for Mt. Etna. It wasn't much more expensive than the ship's excursion and we have the opportunity to go up to the top on the cable car (weather permitting).

We are going to take the "Florence on your own" excursion in Florence and then take a local bus to Fiesole as we have alreaady toured Florence. If you haven't been to Florence, you might want to take the tour as it is expensive to hire a private guide.

When we get to Rome, we have booked a private car to take us to our hotel in Rome for 140 Euros. On the way, we are going to have him stop at Ostia Antica so we can see it as we have never been there before. There will be an extra charge for that stop.

Hope this helps....can't wait for the cruise. It won't be long now!!!

Archived