back from a Wonderfulcruise Feb 22-25

Majesty Fan

I needed a major break from my job as a nurse so we did the FL resident on the Wonder! We had done the Magic in Oct and wanted to try the 3 night ship. We live in the Panhandle so it took us 7 hours to get to Cocoa Beach. We spent 2 nights at Fawlty Towers with a rate of $89. Nice pool and tinki bar after 5 pm. Hotel is short on parking and bathroom is small only drawbacks. Ron Jon and Cocoa Beach surf company next door. Walgreens, CVC, MCd's, IHOP all close by. You get a 15% discount at RJ if you bring the coupon from the desk. A lot of places to eat give discounts with room key. We had a dinner at Cocoa Beach Pier I had the flounder husband had the pasta with seafood. Total bill with drinks was $53. Did NASA the next day and did UP cluse tour which was an added $22 so It was about $63 for the tickets. Shows are not timed where you can see them back to back. The tour was fantastic we even got to see the shuttle well sort of the rocket boosters as the shuttle was turned. We saw 10 gators and 2 eagles. Thursday we played 2 rounds of mini golf prior to getting on the ship at Funntasia. We got to the pier at 1145 and were on deck 9 by noon. Check in was no problem. Got Lanyards with 2 pins for being a repeat guest. Staterooms are not ready until 130pm so we hung out by the pool. Make sure you bring bathing suit attire. My bag did not get to the room until after boat drill. We booked a Catg 12 guarantee and and got a catg 11 on deck 5. I was hoping for a catg 10 but it was fine. Got our Castaway club bag with 2 meshbags, pens, cups, handi wipes and bracelets. Do they give you all of that every cruise? Lunch was at the Buffett. Lunch on the Wonder was better than the Magic. Adult pool was heated to a warm 86 so were the hot tubs. This is where we hung out and since my husband smokes he can smoke here. Diner was really good at Parrot Cay much better food than the Magic. The show Hercules was cute and funny a not to miss show. The bed in the cabin was nice and squishy soft but around 230am it sounded as if the dwarfs were above our head chisling until 7am! Nassau not my favorite place been here many times so we walked through the straw market bog some T shirts and a straw calendar. If you do not want to bargin this is not the place for you. People are very pushy at times. We had a nice drink at Pirates of Nassau. If you are into partying head over to Senor Frogs. We met the ships nurse at the Pirate place and talked with him for a while. Very interesting info. He stressed that if you are the slightest bit ill and you answer yes to the questions they ask in port you will not be allowed on the ship. He turned 2 families away our trip and the last week a 18 month nearly died and had to be flown from Castaway Cay to Ft. Lauderdale. We spent most of the afternoon by the pool. Did the Castaway Club meeting and met a lot of nice people they had announced on Thursday about the new ships but they added when both will complete 2 will reside on the West and 2 on the East. Hubby met someone whom he used to work with when he worked on Majesty of the Seas. He sent us a nice care package full of waters ,beer wine, cookies and 2 disney tote bags and 2 pins plus a Magical Moments Certificate. Pirate diner was good. Better on the Wonder than Magic. I had Escargot x2 and the Scalops. If you have second seating you will not make the pirate party so we elft after main course which was about 950pm and it had already started but made it through most of it! Saturday Castaway Cay we did not venture into the water. Too cold for the FL birds. We had some Konch Coolers and rode the bikes. That was a lot of fun and nice and scenic too. Table mates did snorkeling and thought it was great. They were from Canada too! Animators Palate was the last night and the show on the Magic was better. Disney Dreams is my all time favorite show. We had a great time and really liked the Wonder better than the Magic. The crew was better and so was the food. We have the Magic booked for Oct 08 for the double dib but plan to do the Magic next Feb again for a late 40th birthday. Our next cruise is on RCI to Hawaii in Sept. Disney is absolutely waonderful and you are guanteed a great time. We can't wait to go next year. I did have 2 pilow cases autographed and my DCL hat. Thanks MomX4 for that idea!

Lexi

Hi Lexi,

I have been waiting for your report. I really enjoyed reading it, especially since I am on the Wonder in anout 5 weeks!!

Thanks for posting the report!!

Glad you liked the pillowcases, i think they are a great extra souvenir!

Hey one question for you, do you remember who was playing in the Promenade lounge?? I know sometimes it is a piano player, but other times it is a duo who sings and plays. I am interested in the duo's name if they were there.

Thanks,

mom x4,grandma x4

Archived