Have the boards got slower?

Norfolk Brit

Mary...it's there...I'll go post to it so you can see it. Really cute to blame Martin, poor little kitty. Then again I blame Bear for anything I do wrong too. Shame on us...we're supposed to be above all that as humans!;)

Cheers, Penny

Thanks Penny; I've found it. Must have disappeared into a black cyber-hole for a while - oh the mysteries of computers.

All the best, Mary (and the boards are still belting along:))

• Administrators
Come back Penny, lamnp, Pepper et al; someone has given the server a good talking to, and it's going so fast this morning I am having trouble keeping up.

Mary

LOL Mary! No one REALLY wants to know what I've been saying to said server .

We've completed step 1, and things are going very well. Step 2 is shortly down the road, and should provide us with a bright future!

Thanks for your patience!

Laura

We've completed step 1, and things are going very well.

Agreed - the boards are much faster than they were a couple of days ago. We've also got the advantage of the new software.

Step 2 is shortly down the road, and should provide us with a bright future!

I don't like the sound of "step 2"! It won't plunge us back into non-responsive land will it?

Thanks Malcolm...maybe I got caught in the oboard glitches...nah, more likely it was me! I did try to change it and remove the text portion but it wouldn't let me do it! I know it's my stupidity although it would be nice to blame the boards;) I'll try to brave it later, and yes, I did copy and paste like I was told...that I can do with surprising success!;)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions....they should NEVER tempt me with things I shoudn't be allowed to try!

Cheers, Penny

Hi Penny

Try this - there was some text missing.

countdown.pl?name=patwell&date=11-10-2007&image=Beach-10&text=Penny

Cheers

oops - sorry, code got posted as image :o

Try this between and !!!!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/countdown/countdown.pl?name=patwell&date=11-10-2007&image=Beach-10&text=Penny's "Affair to Remember" continues....&ship=Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

Ken

Wow Ken...how'd you do that???? You got my pictures to show up and everything. So I wnet back to the countdown site, and my original setting showed up just like what you have posted here...between the IMG and IMG. Am I not putting it in the right place? I put it in the box (like our posting box) because I didn't know where else it should go.

So now I am probably demonstrating why people like me should never be allowed near computers!!! The real thing looked great on your post...now let's see if it happens here. I'm almost embarrassed to hit the submit button...:rolleyes:

And thank you so much for trying to help me...I fear I'm hopeless and we'll probably have that confirmed in a second. Maybe CC doesn't like my Mac...:eek:

Cheers, Penny...who will go and hide if there is no real clock after all this help!!!

Hi Penny

you need to copy the exact text I posted (your version is wrong), then go into 'User CP' (the first link in the beige box below the CC logo at top of page), open your 'signature' and paste into that but put directly infront and directly behind. You can preview your signature and if it works (and it should) save it. Then every time you post, your signature will appear below the post unless you untick the box not to show it.

Good luck

Ken

Hi Penny

you need to copy the exact text I posted (your version is wrong), then go into 'User CP' (the first link in the beige box below the CC logo at top of page), open your 'signature' and paste into that but put directly infront and directly behind. You can preview your signature and if it works (and it should) save it. Then every time you post, your signature will appear below the post unless you untick the box not to show it.

Good luck

Ken

Ken...I can't tell you how much I appreciate you trying to help me out here. It must be my computer. I did exactly as you said, copied and pasted what you had (and I saw the difference in the two) but when I clicked on finish the same one with the error came up again. I see the difference as 2007&image (yours) and 2007? (mine)...I emailed Laura to see if she could help since I do think it's a glitch somewhere, Or at least remove the whole thing for me. Then again, I do have a rather unique countdown clock...it makes you stop and wonder where and when I'm going somewhere!!!;)

You've been terrific to try helping me...thank you so much. I apologize for being such a dumb student!:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Ken...I can't tell you how much I appreciate you trying to help me out here. It must be my computer. I did exactly as you said, copied and pasted what you had (and I saw the difference in the two) but when I clicked on finish the same one with the error came up again. I see the difference as 2007&image (yours) and 2007? (mine)...I emailed Laura to see if she could help since I do think it's a glitch somewhere, Or at least remove the whole thing for me. Then again, I do have a rather unique countdown clock...it makes you stop and wonder where and when I'm going somewhere!!!;)

You've been terrific to try helping me...thank you so much. I apologize for being such a dumb student!:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny,I have wondered where you're going for a long time. You see, I don't have that problem. Everybody tells me where to go! And how fast to get there!

Did you delete everything that was there before? and make sure you paste it in your sig profile NOT ONE YOUR POST!

Karie,

who never understood why Beth couldn't make one (or was it Trish.. Or Deb.. Last time. I found it easy, never having done it before and even customized mine!

Hey Ken...Look what I should have post at the bottom of my signature!! No thanks to me I have to add...a little help from Laura who found a glitch when I tried to do it.

She fixed it everywhere so all my posts have clocks...now let's see if when I post the same thing happens....this could be really exciting...not that I haven't had a perpetual clock in my head!! Now I should look official...here goes...;)

Cheers, Penny....who should have a really pretty picture coming up

Hi Penny, actually managed to do mine with NO HELP. Truly amazing, as am utterly useless at computers. I blame the previously temperamental boards for your problem (or the cat.....or the dog.....). Of course, as far as the right side of the pond is concerned, the date is the wrong way round......

Here it is, regards Mary

Well see, there's the thing. I was trying everything I could think of to delete it, except the thing that worked...Highlight the whole thing and hit the keyboard's Delete button. Heh.

I just tried it and it worked. Then I put it back and hope that works too.

Thanks kids.

PS: It worked! Next up is to tinker sometime with the code to fool around with how the date is put in.

Archived