What airline does RCI use?

mmsas

There is no way to tell, unless you only have one option, but dont count on any non stops. Im in Houston, logical choice is CO, but when my mom flew here they put her on a connection on American, when she has non stops on CO from where she lives.

I think they must use them all. When I allowed RC to book my flights from Houston to San Juan, they flew us Delta to Atlanta, Delta to Miami, American to San Juan. We stayed in San Juan 2 days post cruise so flew Continental direct back to Houston.

That trip is why I won't book air with RC anymore. We spent over 13 hours traveling between actual flight time and airport waiting time, we had to run from one end of MIA to another, and didn't even get seats together.

I know Continental offers direct flights to either Miami (if RC is trying to get a bunch of people on one flight) or to San Juan from Houston. It's only 3.5 hours to fly from Houston to San Juan. I couldn't believe that RC booked us on such a screwed up itinerary. We were exhausted by the time we got to the ship.

Hello, We are booked on AOS for April 15th leaving from San Juan can anyone tell me what airline they would book us on from Rhode Island???

That is school vacation week in nearby Massachusetts so flight availability might be quite limited and it could be that RCI will actually use charter air for your flight to SJU. Have you checked flight schedules between TF Green or Logan and San Juan? You should do that in order to determine what options are available and what you can expect to pay if you choose to book your own flights. There are not a lot of non-stop flights between the Northeast and San Juan, so you are likely to be looking at direct (one or more stops on the same plane) or connecting (changing flights at one or more airports enroute to San Juan). I also suspect that this might be a case where the cruiseline air will be cheaper that what you can book on your own this close to your sailing date. If you are a platinum or higher member of C&A, you can use the Custom Air program to request specific flights and not pay an air deviation fee).

RCI should be able to tell you your flight arrangements 60 days out, so call them and see if that information is available. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

You can use custom air to request direct flights and/or specific flights. However, if you are not at least a platinum C & A member there is a charge for this.

But, wouldn't you agree that the $50.00 Air Deviation fee is well worth it to get the flights that you want.:)

Definately worth it. With out it I would be stopping in Charlotte on my way to Ft. Lauderdale from Chicago on our next cruise. Strangly enough the return form Amsterdam was booked as a direct filght, this is the one I expected a stopover on.

Though I will admit this is the first time we have used RCI for air and only because it was actually cheaper than booking our own this time around. We're taking a transatlantic and the oneway ticket for one of us from Amsterdam was more that the total RCI charged for 2.

I'll also admit we dind't pay the custom air fee.

But, wouldn't you agree that the $50.00 Air Deviation fee is well worth it to get the flights that you want.:)

When you consider some of the convoluted flight arrangements that the cruiselines (and the airlines) can come up with if the matter is left solely up to them, the fee is definitely worth it. I recently checked out flights to and from Santo Domingo on one of the major online booking sites and some of the flights that they showed involved an overnight in San Juan or Miami and a total travel time of 16 or 17 hours, when other flights between Boston and Santo Domingo took approximately 7 hours.:rolleyes: I'd gladly pay $50 or more to get that 7 hour flight.:)

I agree Patti........but lets not forget that sometimes there is additional airfare that has to be paid if RC has not booked group space on certain flights. Sometimes the additional cost for the airfare is reflected if you are only flying 6 hours vs. 18 hours.........

Just don't want people who have never used air deviation to be surprised if they are hit with additional airfare in addition to the $50pp fee.

Archived