Noob in need of tips, advice

scoob70

Greetings,

First post here, I must say that I am impressed with the level of activity on this board!

I have booked my first cruise. My wife and I have our 10th anniversary in November and she has always wanted a cruise so I went ahead and booked a short 4-night western Caribbean on the Navigator of the Seas with just one stop at Cozumel.

We have 3 kids, (grammar school age), so getting away for longer than 5 days is hard.

We have travelled extensively, yet never been on a cruise.

I got a "Deluxe Oceanview Cabin w/ Balcony" for $478 pp.

It's cabin # 8620.

Again, I am a total novice, so I would like any input here.

Is this a good deal?

A good cabin?

A good ship?

Let me have it!

Thanks in advance!

We loved the Navigator so you booked a good ship. The price seems reasonable to me, but when you start getting closer to the sailing date, maybe mid summer begin checking the rates. They sometimes begin to go down when the ship isn't getting booked up. Then RCCL will start to lower prices and you can request a price adjustment. We did that for our Dec. cruise on the Explorer.

You will love the Navigator.

Navigator is a wonderful ship.... Here are some pictures from a cruise we took on her a couple of years ago:

The ice shows on the Voyager Class ships are not to be missed... they are amazing!

I think $478 for a balcony cabin sounds very reasonable. I wouldn't expect a price drop, but you never know... RCCL does honor the prices if they go down. So as the previous poster mentioned, keep an eye on them... just in case...

You got an excellent cabin... we would call it "an E1 in the middle of the hump" ;) Good job! :D

Have a great time!! When you get back, you'll be addicted along with the rest of us... :D ;)

Our first cruise was also on the Navigator four years ago and we absolutely loved it. We both had to be taken off kicking and screaming. There is so much to see and do on that ship that you could never be bored. You'll wish you were able to do a longer cruise! Have a wonderful time!!! :D

Welcome to the boards and welcome to cruising. Don't blame us if you get addicted to both.

I stayed in a similar room on the sister ship of the Navigator, the Explorer, check the link in my signature for pictures of the room which start on page 3 or 4. Granted I am not positive (never been on the Nav) if the room is exactly the same but it is the same category so you can get the general idea.

Thanks for the feedback, I had no idea that I had gotten such a good cabin. I need to brush up on my lingo, "an E1 in the middle of the hump" was not part of my vocabulary a week ago! :D

Great pics, Sue L & elleluv!

My parents cruise every year, and I sense some genetic predisposition for cruise addiction in me as well.

Now I just have to sit on my little secret for 9 months. :eek:

We did 2 cruises prior to the Navigator and I was happy to have done them. Then my DH saw the Voyager (sister ship) on the travel channel and wanted to go on one that size. We chose the Navigator and got totally hooked on cruising. Enjoy your cruise and what a terrific surprise for your wife.

Jan

Archived