Help with ideas!!!

judyf

I'm looking for ideas of what to do for our second visit to Barbados.

In Nov. we did the Best of Barbados tour with Glory Tours. It was great. I'm thinking of booking it again But I'm not sure if I want to do the same thing. I don't want to miss anything else we should see while we're there.

Last time we went to:

Wildlife Reserve

Sand Dunes for lunch

Swim with turtles

snorkel at ship wreak

Stop at rum factory

We were late so missed the Orchid World

So if it were you want would you do for your second visit if you already did the above thing? Any ideas????

Well, on our 2nd ttrip (last week) we did a ship excursion - and we NEVER do that..... but this one - we wanted to do something new - it was the Yacht Racing - and it was FABULOUS!

the company that runs it was so great - they had just opened this last summer, and they are charming,friendly - and definately ended up being a highlight of our trip....

it was a morning excursion - from 8:15 (ish) to 11:30 - and we had a true blast! but, we lost!

then we spent the second half of the day at the Boatyard Beach area... again, fabulous!

I was surprised how much fun we had - Barbados was not always my favorite island - but now is amoung the top! We saw it from a different point of view - learned more than any tour - just by talking w/ the tour folks..... and had the best flying fish sandwiches after the sailing adventure! We were on RCCL. if you want the name of the place - write back, I have it at home - and can e-mail tonight - because I know you can book direct, as well.

have fun! :)

How was the Boatyard? What was available? I would like to do the banana boat ride again and maybe parasail again. If you had any what was the prices of their drinks?

Any info much appreciated.

Don't think my mother would like the racing part.

it is great -

15.oo per person, incl. 1 drink(and they were good drinks!), chair (plastic, so bring a towel) playing on the water trampoline and iceburg water thingy (no big deal) .....

make sure you are in the front row by the ocean - or at the end - for some reason when 3 or 4 rows of people - the air just stops - so you will need/want the ocean breeze. The food is about 10.00 per item/ on average - and very very tasty! We had some breaded kind of shrimp... it was delish!

it is only about 2 - 5 min taxi ride from the terminal.

also, before you go out there - ask about the Blue Monkey beach - apparently - it is better than the boatyard - and more beautiful.... (hard to believe) - but if the winds are coming in a certain direction... it is much more wavy...and that makes it not as good... but check with a local person first! they should know..... but we really originally wanted to go there - but the taxi man said because of the winds (storms in u.s.) it effects the waves..... so we went to boatyard.

have so much fun.... all the pink sand is amazing! the racing is a bit of work....so good choice if you have anyone that does not move as fast! :)

Thanks Tracysue.

A little worried about how the chairs are set up. I like some space and it doesn't sound like that will happened. But I guess you can't have everything.

Sounds like a nice beach day with fun things to do too. I love the beach my mother doesn't, Is there any shade trees? Or only umbrellas?

Do you remember any prices for the fun stuff?

Thanks so much for all the info.

Archived