ROLL CALL - Oceania Regatta 11/13/2007

AdamOfCanaveral

Bob and I are booked on the Oceania Regatta transatlantic crossing from Barcelona to Miami, sailing November 13, 2007. It's a 12 night cruise with just 2 port calls - one day in the Azores and one day in Bermuda - and 10 days at sea!

Is anyone from this board going to be joinng us?

• 1 month later...

On Valentine's Day Bob slipped on the ice and hit his head when he fell.

It took almost a month before his symptons vecame bad and he went to a doctor.

It turned out that blood had been building up between his frain and his skull ever since the accident. He had to have two operations to open his skull and let the blood drain.

He's been home for a couple of weeks now.

I took him for his first post-surgery follow-up appointment with his neurosurgeon, Dr. Jacobson, Friday afternoon.

After a VERY brief examination (no weight check, no blood pressure check, no stethoscope check, no eyes or ears exam), Dr. Jacobson said, “Okay, I’ll see you in 4 weeks.” In answer to the question, “Do you have any idea when I can go back to work?” he replied, “Not for at least 4 to 6 weeks.” In answer to the question, “Can Bob start driving again?” he answered, “Not yet.” I guess that means not for at least 4 weeks since we won’t see him again until then.

I guess he’s a good neurosurgeon, but he sure doesn’t have much of a bedside manner.

Bob finally got in touch with his original social worker and we hope that physical therapy will resume, and speech therapy will begin, this week.

Otherwise Bob is doing well. He has started doing a few light chores around the condo (dishes, dusting, rearranging kitchen shelves) to help pass the time. I’m anxious for therapy to start so that he has some exercises to do that will help get him back to normal.

We'll sure be ready for a cruise!

Archived