Disembarkation on Pride of America

lesndave

:confused: My husband and I are sailing the POA and plan on meeting a couple in Kona. How long does it take to disembark if you do not have an excursion planned? We should make port at 7am. Also, while the men are deep sea fishing the women would like to hit a good beach. Any reccomendations? Any other advice for POAM? Thanks.

We just returned from the POAM & my husband had a scuba dive planned on his own so needed to be on one of the first tenders in to Kona. He had no problem when he went down about 7:30 getting on right away & it only takes about 5-7 minutes to get tendered in. The only time we waited in line was when we tried to get back to the ship about 4:30. The only beach I can refer you to would be the beach right when you get off the tender. Maybe someone else can guide you better with this question.

We loved the ship & the free style. You'll have a great time.

If you want a good beach day in Kona I would suggest you rent a car and drive up to Hapuna Beach. This is a gorgeous beach....and is consistantly featured on the travel channel as one of the best beaches in Hawaii...and the world!!

There is also an excursion called something like Fun Beach Day that takes you to A-Bay which is another nice beach with salt and pepper sand. There you will have the use of kayaks, etc. We met folks on our last cruise who raved about this excursion and the beach.

Archived