Spirit to hawaii......

ramrax4

No problem with this on the Ensenada to Honolulu or reverse but am curious re: the itinerary from Vancouver to Honolulu or Honolulu to Vancouver cruises in that they show several days apart between the Kona and Hilo ports. This may mean that the ship will NOT cruise by the lava flows off the southern part of the big island of Hawaii. I still can not get an answer regarding a cruise by the Na Pali coast off the northern tip of Kauai either.

Since these are great viewing sites if it doesn't cruise them I am considering taking an NCL cruise just to see them instead of the Spirit. I won't leave from Ensenada - just read some 'horrible' stories regarding departures from there.

Shame 'cause I wld much prefer to go Carnival.

Just something to consider if u plan on booking this particular itinerary to Hawaii.

We went on the Vancouver - Hawaii leg on Spirit last Sept and the ship did pass Volcanos National Park at night. The captain even turned the ship around so both sides of the ship could see the lava flow from their balcony cabins. It was a highlight of the trip for me.

We went on the Vancouver - Hawaii leg on Spirit last Sept and the ship did pass Volcanos National Park at night. The captain even turned the ship around so both sides of the ship could see the lava flow from their balcony cabins. It was a highlight of the trip for me.

Carnival doesn't seem to know - said it depends on the whim of the Captain... Nice to hear from someone who has actually done that particular itinerary and recently. I guess it wld have been a highlight .. wld be for me also!

I wld appreciate knowing if you cruised the lava flow before or after Kona or Hilo? Were the Kona & Hilo ports several days apart?

Did u happen to cruise the Na Pali coast off Kauai?

Thanks in advance..

Archived