Just off Brilliance 11 day......any questions???

We sailed on Brilliance/Panama Canal in January. We had no problem at all taking liquor on board. We requested egg crates well in advance and they helped immensely. We tried both Chops and Portofinos this time and Chops especially was outstanding. Portofino was very good but service was AWFUL. By the way, don't miss the Seaview Cafe. It was a favorite place of ours. We rented a jeep on Aruba, stayed on the ship through the Panama Canal and booked a tour with Oscar and Carol Brown in Costa Rica which we highly recommend. We had a 1 PM flight out of Ft. Lauderdale, so we were off the ship by 8:30 a.m., which was a first for us. We had a wonderful time. Happy cruising!

torontomale26,

Thanks for the compasses. It looks like they moved early dinner up to 5:30pm. Can you confirm that this is correct? I thought that I heard that it was moved back to 6pm after an initial try at using 5:30pm. I like early dinner but this is a little too early.

Thank you so much for posting your compasses. It really sets the excitement meter up a little for my upcoming 11 day cruise. Can't wait to see the menus. Do you have any advice/tips for taking an 11 day cruise? 7 days is my previous max. Thanks for your help. p.s I am also from T.O

the last 3 cruises i took were 4 day, and that was 15 yrs ago. No advice or tips, I was never bored always had something to do. Go to all the shows and activities they wont let you down. You will enjoy the weather out there, I was hopin to be rid of this snow when i got back :rolleyes:

torontomale26,

Thanks for the compasses. It looks like they moved early dinner up to 5:30pm. Can you confirm that this is correct? I thought that I heard that it was moved back to 6pm after an initial try at using 5:30pm. I like early dinner but this is a little too early.

Yes dinner was at 530pm we were sometimes at our table till 730-745, not because of service but because we would order 3 appitizers each :cool: so startin at 530 was perfect. We didnt mind the early dinner cause seaview was open will 1am most nights for a snack. and windjammer was open till 930pm most nights.

On one cruise they had a "bag special" for a set price. I can't remember which cruise line. Did you try to bring soft drinks or beer on board at embarkation or at any ports?

/quote]

We were on the same cruise as Torontomale (hard to believe it's been almost a week already). We didn't bring any soft drinks onboard but a couple of our tablemates did and they didn't seem to have any problem. I don't remember seeing anything about a laundry special.

Thanks so much for this informative thread, Torontomale. Aren't you glad you volunteered to answer all the qustions?;)

For everyone sailing on Monday, have a Bon Voyage, and say hello to stonerb, his wife, and Iris the Magic Cane for me.

We sailed on Brilliance last June.....Hoping some one can tell me if they met "Pablo".. he was a bartender in the schooner bar.. and was one of the highlights of our trip...hoping he is still aboard for our next sailing on the Brilliance..

I'm enjoying reading this thread. I'll be on the Brilliance for a 15 night transatlantic cruise this December.

Is the new 5:30 dining time fleet wide, or just for the Brilliance? I personally don't like it...it doesn't leave enough time to get ready for dinner on a port day.

I just found out about this forum and have enjoyed following the threads so far.

We are booked on Brilliance for the April 16 sailing to Barcelona and for the December 2 sailing back to Miami. I have a very good friend of mine who is a consultant to RCCL and she thinks Brilliance is the best in their fleet.

Is the new 5:30 dining time fleet wide, or just for the Brilliance? I personally don't like it...it doesn't leave enough time to get ready for dinner on a port day.

We were told that it was an experiment with that cruise - don't know if they kept it or not. We could never get a good reason or for that matter any reason as to why they did it. I know a lot of people in our area really disliked it and would show up anywhere from 15 - 30 min late (the whole table would do it). Plus after the first couple of nights there were a lot of empty tables - the one night we did Windjammer it was packed so I guess that's where most were going.

I just found out about this forum and have enjoyed following the threads so far.

We are booked on Brilliance for the April 16 sailing to Barcelona and for the December 2 sailing back to Miami. I have a very good friend of mine who is a consultant to RCCL and she thinks Brilliance is the best in their fleet.

Hey, Clipper Miami. We are on the two Transatlantics on the Brilliance in 2007 and were also in 2006. Come on over to the Roll Call boards for those two and sign up for the Meet & Mingle parties as well. Brilliance is our favorite ship and we are going on her on Monday to Panama, also.

Toronto,

I thought of another question, do you remember what time the ship started going into the first segment of the canal? How long did it take to just go into the first little part? I have an aft cabin and I want to make sure I am on the balcony to watch the lock doors close behind us and the water all rush in.

Sue

we are on the june 14th bos med/greek cruise and have first seating and if they are still useing the 530 seating we will be late many nights!!!!! 530 seating does not make any sense!!!!:confused: :)

Do they have vallet luggage service on the Brillance?

Once you pull up to the terminal in your car/taxi etc. the guys are there waiting to take your bags.

Toronto,

I thought of another question, do you remember what time the ship started going into the first segment of the canal? How long did it take to just go into the first little part? I have an aft cabin and I want to make sure I am on the balcony to watch the lock doors close behind us and the water all rush in.

Sue

I honestly dont remember, I was awake at 430 and on the helipad by 5am, i got a great spot right up front. It was close to 7am that we entered the canal. Though dont forget those times could change by the minute.

Thanks for posting the compasses. If you still have it can you scan/post the Senior Crew insert you generally get the first day?

My computer got fried by a power surge, it has all that info on it (behind the name tags i believe you are looking for). im waiting untill a Dell technician comes over to fix it (need a new motherboard and power supply) thank god for warranties, might not be till tuesday.

Archived