Just off Brilliance 11 day......any questions???

Sorry for the delay in gettting the menus and everything else on here. We had a major storm here in Toronto, and I had a major power surge in my house took out my computer and other things. unfortunatly my comp has the scanned menus on them. Im waiting until Dell comes and fixes the problem. hopefully tuesday. Thanx. In the mean time please check out the Compasses.

2497457020058440934iVFOlh_th.jpg

Thanks so much for this informative thread, Torontomale. Aren't you glad you volunteered to answer all the qustions?;)

For everyone sailing on Monday, have a Bon Voyage, and say hello to stonerb, his wife, and Iris the Magic Cane for me.

lol. I dont mind at all actually, People were so helpfull when i had qestions before my cruise, its the best way i can pay back.:cool:

My computer got fried by a power surge, it has all that info on it (behind the name tags i believe you are looking for). im waiting untill a Dell technician comes over to fix it (need a new motherboard and power supply) thank god for warranties, might not be till tuesday.

Thanks, I'll check back. Good luck with the motherboard.

We used to live North of TO in the Vaughn area, at Rutherford and Keele. Went back a year ago and was SHOCKED at the development. We were able to see Canada's Wonderland from our deck, now it is completely built out.

Torontomale: We have been looking at this cruise on the Brillance for sometime. Do you actually go through the canal?? I heard that you go through two locks and turn around. If that is the case can you do a tour that goes through the canal?? I hope the questions don't sound lame but I was just wondering. Thanks for your help:)

Torontomale: We have been looking at this cruise on the Brillance for sometime. Do you actually go through the canal?? I heard that you go through two locks and turn around. If that is the case can you do a tour that goes through the canal?? I hope the questions don't sound lame but I was just wondering. Thanks for your help:)

I am not the OP but I can answer your question as I am going on this cruise in 3 weeks. YIPPPEEE!! The ship will go through the Gatun locks, which takes a couple of hours and then you enter Lake Gatun. You can either get off by tender here for ship's tours only or you can choose to stay onboard and return through the same set of locks. They will then dock at Cristobel Pier for a few hours and this is where all the ship's tours will return to. There are many tours that will take you the complete length of the canal to the pacific side. There is the canal by ferry tour and the canal by train tour. These are not the correct names of the tours but you get the idea. This cruise is known as a partial transit and it leaves and returns to Miami. RCCL also offers a few full transit cruises which leave from the east coast but end up on the west coast or vica versa. The Brilliance also does both a 10 day and a 11 day version of the partial. Hope this helps and I apologize if you already know this info.

I am not the OP but I can answer your question as I am going on this cruise in 3 weeks. YIPPPEEE!! The ship will go through the Gatun locks, which takes a couple of hours and then you enter Lake Gatun. You can either get off by tender here for ship's tours only or you can choose to stay onboard and return through the same set of locks. They will then dock at Cristobel Pier for a few hours and this is where all the ship's tours will return to. There are many tours that will take you the complete length of the canal to the pacific side. There is the canal by ferry tour and the canal by train tour. These are not the correct names of the tours but you get the idea. This cruise is known as a partial transit and it leaves and returns to Miami. RCCL also offers a few full transit cruises which leave from the east coast but end up on the west coast or vica versa. The Brilliance also does both a 10 day and a 11 day version of the partial. Hope this helps and I apologize if you already know this info.

I took the locks by ferry tour, and i really enjoyed it. You get to see the locks from a whole different perspective. I would suggest taking this tour.

Toronto, sorry to hear about the computer problems. Hopefully the Dell tech can get everything up and working quickly.

Thank you, im sure everything will be fine.

We took the Two Oceans tour by train in the dome car. We went the entire length of the canal. You get to see the different cuts explained by the tour guide. We also got a bus tour which took us to the Milaflores Lock we got to see a frieghter go thru that lock. Then we saw a movie ie Disney. A bus ride back to the train, a train ride back to a bus, a bus to Cristobal pier. It is a long excursion but well worth every penny.

In Costa Rica we went to a pineapple plantation which was very interesting.

Torontomale was correct. There was alway a lot to do. I would see him out and about taking pictures.

You all have been so helpful. Thank you for your information. We are thinking of doing this cruise in '08. As I said before I have been looking at this particular cruise for sometime. Although the 15 day cruises are nice the prices are rather high. Since the cruseline offers tours it makes sense to book this particular cruise and go and come from the east coast!! Thanks again it looks as if we have to decide when we go:) Sue have a wonderful cruise. Please post when you get back and let us know what a great time you had.

Sue have a wonderful cruise. Please post when you get back and let us know what a great time you had.

Thanks Carol, I booked this last Feb so it has been a long wait! My friends are actually boarding today for the cruise but neither of us knew the other had booked it until we ran into each other a couple of weeks ago.

I was just reading my doc's and they say that second seating is at 8:00pm (March 16). I always thought second seating was at 8:30pm is this something new. And yes I did read where the first seating was at an earlier time also.

Laura

I was just reading my doc's and they say that second seating is at 8:00pm (March 16). I always thought second seating was at 8:30pm is this something new. And yes I did read where the first seating was at an earlier time also.

Laura

I for one am thrilled that it is 8:00. That last 1/2 hour is way too long, I do agree however that the 5:30 is reaaaaaalllly early.

Edited to add: I just checked my actual docks and it says second seating 8:30 so not sure if that is for the first night only as sometimes that it is later the first night to account for muster and sailaway or if that is how it is going to be for the whole cruise. Maybe toronto, can clarify what your actual docks said and what the compasses say for the seating times.

Do either of you remember what night the Crown & Anchor welcome back reception was? I forgot to write it down in my journal. Thanks.

Gail

This will be my second RCCL cruise, do they send you an invite in your room like we have gotten on other lines or is it announced in some other manner?

This will be my second RCCL cruise, do they send you an invite in your room like we have gotten on other lines or is it announced in some other manner?

Your invitation is sent to your room. Go early to get a seat. We went late and had to stand the room was filled. We did not eat the canapes begause we were just afew minutes from dinner.

Do either of you remember what night the Crown & Anchor welcome back reception was? I forgot to write it down in my journal. Thanks.

Gail

I can not remember what night it was. If I think for awhile, and I am dangerous when I think. I might come up with the day. I think it was a sea day.

Laura we had main seating. In our docs it stated 6:00 and as you have read main seating was at 5:30. We were actully late to my surprise, bcause I had not thoroughly read the compass. I was a little embarassed that we were late. But we were with friends so it was no problem.

Our server Juliet who was a gem stated that if we were out on an excursion and got back late it wuld not be a problem for them. She was so nice she would go get my dh Jello for dessert even though it was not on the menu.

You all have been so helpful. Thank you for your information. We are thinking of doing this cruise in '08. As I said before I have been looking at this particular cruise for sometime. Although the 15 day cruises are nice the prices are rather high. Since the cruseline offers tours it makes sense to book this particular cruise and go and come from the east coast!! Thanks again it looks as if we have to decide when we go:) Sue have a wonderful cruise. Please post when you get back and let us know what a great time you had.

If you do decide to go, dont go any later than '08 The BOS will no longer be going through the canal after next years itinerary, the BOS will be staying in Europe. I cant remember where i heard that from, but it was from a reliable source. Im sure other ships will be going through, but the BOS is a really nice ship and I would wanna go through with her.

Laura

It also said 6pm on our sea passess. but was 530pm the whole 11 days. Just make sure you check your compass everyday.

Gail

I will check when i go home, i will hafta see the time stamp on my pics.

We took the Two Oceans tour by train in the dome car. We went the entire length of the canal. You get to see the different cuts explained by the tour guide. We also got a bus tour which took us to the Milaflores Lock we got to see a frieghter go thru that lock. Then we saw a movie ie Disney. A bus ride back to the train, a train ride back to a bus, a bus to Cristobal pier. It is a long excursion but well worth every penny.

In Costa Rica we went to a pineapple plantation which was very interesting.

Torontomale was correct. There was alway a lot to do. I would see him out and about taking pictures.

haha, ya i took about 2300 pics and 7 hrs of video.....if i didnt have my camera with my i was probably on my way to the pool :cool:

Thanks CruisinMommas and Torontomale - I just remembered what night it was for the reception - it was the 18th because I remember the Captain telling us when we would be entering the canal etc. Thanks for trying to remember for me.

Thanks CruisinMommas and Torontomale - I just remembered what night it was for the reception - it was the 18th because I remember the Captain telling us when we would be entering the canal etc. Thanks for trying to remember for me.

I am glad, so many parties hard to keep them straight. Capt's recp. Welcome Back, M&M and on. I call Capt. Remo the On time Capt. Everything started on time when scheduled. Some ships you might have to wait a few minutes past starting time for things to begin.

I have friends that are on the Brilliance now. They called yesterday and said they still have the 5:30 seating. They changed to the 8:00 seating. They do not know how long this will be for. They were told it was because too many people requested the 6:00 seating.

Archived