Just off Brilliance 11 day......any questions???

Hey recent Brilliance or RC caribbean cruisers--

Just double checking, in ports, we DO stay on SHIP'S TIME? right?

thanks

and dont forget to check your compass, the clocks do change a couple times.

best thing to do is check the time on you cabin tv before heading off the ship

I am planning the same cruise. What type of vessel did you travel on through canal. I was lead to understand you travel via ferry when your cruise leaves and returns to Florida. Please advise. Thanks

This cruise does a partial transit through the canal itself. The ship goes through the first set of locks and anchors in Lake Gatun where passenger may get off vie tender to do tours some of which will take you the entire length of the canal, the ship then returns back through the same locks in entered in the morning and docks at Cristobel pier and this is where the tours meet up. This ship goes part way through the canal and it is one of the few that do this type of cruise.

As far as your saying that you go through by ferry, that is a tour option but I think you might be thinking of Carnival whose ships do NOT actually go into the canal.

[quote name='torontomale26']Computer has been fixed, menus and other things uploaded

[URL]http://community.webshots.com/album/557927401GeFdrp[/URL]

please note, there are some menus that I didnt know the day.[/quote]

Thank you SOOOOOOO Much!!!

[quote name='torontomale26']Computer has been fixed, menus and other things uploaded

please note, there are some menus that I didnt know the day.[/quote]

You da man, Torontomale. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

please note, there are some menus that I didnt know the day.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for the menus. They sound very similar to the menus that we had on the Brilliance for our Med cruise this past summer.

We will be on the Brillance sailing out 3/16/07. Just a couple of guestions. What food do they serve in the Solarium. On the ship plans it says Pizzeria. Is that true. Also do they have outdoor BBQ on sea days. Thanks for all the things you have posted and looking forward to you pics.

[quote name='chet the jet']We will be on the Brillance sailing out 3/16/07. Just a couple of guestions. What food do they serve in the Solarium. On the ship plans it says Pizzeria. Is that true. Also do they have outdoor BBQ on sea days. Thanks for all the things you have posted and looking forward to you pics.[/quote]

From my research the solarium snack bar or whatever you want to call it also serves crepes.

[quote name='chet the jet']We will be on the Brillance sailing out 3/16/07. Just a couple of guestions. What food do they serve in the Solarium. On the ship plans it says Pizzeria. Is that true. Also do they have outdoor BBQ on sea days. Thanks for all the things you have posted and looking forward to you pics.[/quote]

Yes, they did have an outdoor bbq. They served bbq chicken, grilled mushrooms and several other delites. A line does form so be aware when it opens. We took our plates and sat in the wj.

As CruisinMommas was saying, they did have one BBQ, i never did eat from it though. it was a late night one at like 1130pm i think.

The Solarium has pizza's, sandwiches and salads. however the pizza's looked like they were frozen (I never did eat from the Solarium) you should try the seaview cafe, the Seaview was a very nice place to snack on very good ceasar salad and the pizza's werent bad either, made to order with lots of toppings to choose from.

no problem about the postings......i got alot of pics so that will take awhile to organize and post.

t.tmale26 thanks for all your postings. My question is if they moved up first seating from 6pm to 530pm...how did the dinning room handle all those people who had shore excursions which landed them back on the boat late? the first seating had been at 6pm for a long time and I'm sume many picked shore excursions which would have had them back on the ship in time for a 6pm seating?

DDean, we were late the first night to dinner because I had not read the compass and it did not bother our server. The second night we had a different server because the maitr'd or schedulers had made a mistake.
But our sever said especially right before the canal excursion they had no problem with us coming to dinner however late we were. We had a long excursion that day and got back in plenty of time for dinner. One group was later getting back and the Capt. had to hold the ship.
Chet the Jet,
The bbq that we attended was at lunch time. I missed it in the compass, but saw the setting up the grill. Then found it in the compass.The had a late night party too which we did not attend. DH ate pizza from the seaview cafe late at night. It was tasty.

[quote name='ddean52']t.tmale26 thanks for all your postings. My question is if they moved up first seating from 6pm to 530pm...how did the dinning room handle all those people who had shore excursions which landed them back on the boat late? the first seating had been at 6pm for a long time and I'm sume many picked shore excursions which would have had them back on the ship in time for a 6pm seating?

If you think you might be late to dinner, tell your server the night before to start without you. otherwise they might wait for you, which would hold up the service for the whole table.

Its no big deal if your late, you will still get dinner.

I thought of another question, I think our sailing will probably have more kids on it than yours since it will coincide with the Easter vacations. And while I have two of my own, they won't be with us and I wanted to know how strict they were about the age guidelines in the Solarium. Were they letting kids in?

I am not trying to start anything just curious.

I have a question. We booked the Brilliance for 2/08. We are in 7610. Another poster said that a balcony not on the hump would probably only see lifeboat covers. Is that true? 7610 is just on the back side of the hump. Did we make a poor choice and will only see orange??

[quote name='bullsfan']I have a question. We booked the Brilliance for 2/08. We are in 7610. Another poster said that a balcony not on the hump would probably only see lifeboat covers. Is that true? 7610 is just on the back side of the hump. Did we make a poor choice and will only see orange??[/quote]

The lifeboats are on deck 4, plus they are tucked into the side of the ship. I saw your post about this on another thread but I think you got bad info. I had an end hump room on the explorer and it was considered "obstructed" but that was only listed that way because you couldn't see the entire length of the ship because of the hump. I found a picture that you can see this in where the lifeboats are etc. I hope this helps because I think you have a great room

[url]http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2669987270080875955ZRosxM[/url]

[quote name='Sue L']I thought of another question, I think our sailing will probably have more kids on it than yours since it will coincide with the Easter vacations. And while I have two of my own, they won't be with us and I wanted to know how strict they were about the age guidelines in the Solarium. Were they letting kids in?

I am not trying to start anything just curious.[/quote]

We didn't see any kids in the Solarium. On most ships they are usually quite strict about keeping the Solarium an adult area. But, then they don't let the adults play in Adventure Ocean either.

Archived