Whale Watching in April

Two Brits

HI we are going to be in Dominica at the end of April and would love to go Whale Watching and maybe snorkelling. I have read the best time for Whales is November to March does anyone know how likely we are to see any in April.

If not we may do The Aerial Tram any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Two Brits

Just got back from our 2/25/2007 Carnival Destiny cruise. We signed up for the pricey whale watching excursion through the ship, run by Anchorage Diving. While it was an enjoyable boat ride with a very informative whale researcher as our guide, we saw absolutely no whales or dolphins. We did see video on the ship from two weeks previous and the whale and dolphin viewing was impressive. I've done whale watching in Alaska and it was the highlight of my trip. If you're a gambler, give it a shot in Dominica. I wish we had taken a land based excursion, the island is very beautiful.

Pushing50

Thanks so much for the info on Whale Watching. Was really unsure but thought it pobably unlikely to see any and I think from your trip we are even less likely to!

Will stick to original plan and do the Aerial Tram which my sister and husband have done and said was great and fancy Champagne Reef as it will be a big 'O' birthday for me on that day!! (The one that you are pushing!!!!)

Thanks again always good to get first hand reports.

Joan :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived