New Years Eve cruises

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Has anyone cruised New Years Eve? I just thought it would be "amazing" (to quote Katie Holmes) to be out in the middle of the ocean ringing in the New Year. And if so, do these cruises usually book up fast? And are there tons of kids? (Since school is out). Thanks!

The suites seem to book up fast (for some reason). We were on the Conquest for her first New Year's Eve cruise and it was very nice. Everyone used walkie talkies to synchronize their watches all over the ship. Free bubbly was nice too! Party hats, noise makers etc....it was fun.

Has anyone cruised New Years Eve? I just thought it would be "amazing" (to quote Katie Holmes) to be out in the middle of the ocean ringing in the New Year. And if so, do these cruises usually book up fast? And are there tons of kids? (Since school is out). Thanks!

Since you live in Chicago, one thing you need to remember, Flying during this Blizzard times could possibly get you to miss your cruise... Just like what happened recently with all of the cancelled flights due to the Weather. Also everyone is flying this time of the year, its as bad as booking on Spring Break. Just my 2 cents.

Fred

I was on the Legend last New Years. It was the best deck party I have ever seen. Free champagne, great band just a great party, they show the ball drop live from N.Y up on the Lido deck. I booked for the Miracle 9 day Christmas/ New Years party for this year, last summer. New Years on a cruise ship is a nice way to spend it, no driving, and a fun time. Book it you will have a good time. 2008/ 2009 im looking at the 6 day Carnival Freedom New Years cruise. I will book it this summer.

We have been on a cruise for the last two New Year's celebrations. The one this year on the Carnival Pride was great - much better than the previous year on the Island Princess. Great deck party and a ton of fun. My favorite part on the Pride was when they blew the horn at midnight. What a great way to ring in the new year!

We will miss being on a ship this year, since we are travelling at Christmas this time....

We have been on a cruise for the last two New Year's celebrations. The one this year on the Carnival Pride was great - much better than the previous year on the Island Princess. Great deck party and a ton of fun. My favorite part on the Pride was when they blew the horn at midnight. What a great way to ring in the new year!

We will miss being on a ship this year, since we are travelling at Christmas this time....

That sounds awesome, especially that part about the horn! Thanks fellow cc members! You guys rule!

We did the Celebration for New Years 2006, but could not do one this year. However, we are already booked for Dec. this year on the Freedom.

It is a blast....on the Celebration we were out at sea, but on occassion we could see fireworks from the land.

We had a huge deck party and even a coutdown, and on the Sun Deck they had a sign lit up that flashed from 2005 to 2006 at midnight! Free Champagne all night long, and a few other times made this a fantastic time!!

I highly recommend it...you will not regret it!!

Come join us on the Freedom....

Cruising into 2008!!

Archived