Just off the Dawn

Tahoestarr

What a wonderful trip...I will post a full review when I get home...Beautiful weather..wonderful service...wonderful new CC friends :D . Any questions, I'll be happy to answer....but will write a full review soon.

Be very careful.............We got off two cruises before you on Feb. 5th. and less than a week later booked the Golden for April 12....:cool:

What a wonderful trip...I will post a full review when I get home...Beautiful weather..wonderful service...wonderful new CC friends :D . Any questions, I'll be happy to answer....but will write a full review soon.

Leah and Wayne,

Great to hear that you had a wonderful time. We can't wait until we are on the Dawn in 43 days!!!! Any suggestions on shore excursions? We are thinking of doing the Tequila and Tile tour in PV, Cliff divers in Acapulco, and Sr Frogs in Mazatlan; but we are open to suggestions--so may of them look so good. Let us know you favorites:D

Thanks - I'm glad you had a great time.

We leave on the next round trip Cruise (March 10th) so I hope you can answer soon.

What was the best thing you did? (Wouldn't miss no matter what.)

What (if anything) would you differently if you could do your cruise again?

Watched the Dawn sail out last night under the GG bridge. It's hard to believe that we will be doing that in just 6 weeks. I do hope that San Francisco gets all the rain out of it's system by then!!!!

Perky, I live 90 miles e. of S.F. and California here sure needed the rain. I hope too that you have nice weather but the rain here was most welcome all over the state. You are going to love going under the Golden Gate. It is a wonderful experience.

Marilyn

We were on the Feb 5th Dawn, fighting the QM2 traffic and had a nice hazy day. Until it was time for us to head out and then it was so foggy, we could not see the bridge until we were almost underneath it. I got the same shots that the ship's videographer got which weren't much. And it was about 20 degrees out there on bow with wind chill etc. And when we came back, it was too dark to shoot although I got one or two photos ok and a whole lot of blurred ones. The city lights taken about 1/2hr later were great. So Good luck.

We have just done the same thing! Arrived home from The Grand on Feb 10th ,just booked The Dawn for April 12th. Could have booked The Golden prefer the size of The Dawn more though. (Sailed on her last year)

It's wonderful to be able to drive to San Francisco and just hop on the ship as opposed to flying here and there beforehand. The price was terrific also!

It's west coast cruises for us from now on...says hubby.

Happy sails to all.

Sorry guys, haven't been feeling well...but I'll try to answer your questions today....but first...Chris...I was so freaked out about the disembarkation process after your review, and I was shocked at how easy it was. They kept announcing that there was no wait in the vista lounge, and I figued great, now everyone will go...but still when we got there, no line, and it took about 3 minutes tops...there never was a line....wonder what the difference was. We waited for our color tag to call...and walked off the ship...luggage was right there (sorry) and off we went! We had Neil as our CD...he was great.

Leah and Wayne,

Great to hear that you had a wonderful time. We can't wait until we are on the Dawn in 43 days!!!! Any suggestions on shore excursions? We are thinking of doing the Tequila and Tile tour in PV, Cliff divers in Acapulco, and Sr Frogs in Mazatlan; but we are open to suggestions--so may of them look so good. Let us know you favorites:D

We had CC friends on the ship that did the Tequlia and tile tour, and were very excited about it, they had done it before, and had so much fun, but this time said it wasn't as good...and were disappointed. We did the Jeep Safari which was a blast! I would do this again in a heart beat! We drove for hours, and went to little villages and were able to stop and talk to the people....took photos of the kids, and showed them on my digital camera, and they were thrilled! We ended up at a spot on the beach where we had lunch and a drink included, and had about an hour on the beach.

We also went to Senor Frogs in Mazatlan after golfing at EL Cid (great fun, even had a caddy). The food and drinks were good, and the views spectacular from there. The waiters were a hoot! You'll see what I mean.

The best tour was the Zodiac Whale watching in Cabo...OMG! I've never seen anything like it! The whales were doing quite the show...we had a mama, daddy and baby...breaching, and playing for us the entire time! We finally had to leave them :(. This was just amazing!

Also did the Cliff Divers and City tour...a must if you've never seen them. A good way to see the city. Watch out for those pushy vendors at the cliff divers.

Zhuatanejo we did the Ixtapa resort tour (we missed our Countryside tour that we scheduled...over slept). One of my favorite ports....what a beautiful place! DH and I were laughing about buying land there and moving!

Chris...I was so freaked out about the disembarkation process after your review, and I was shocked at how easy it was. They kept announcing that there was no wait in the vista lounge, and I figued great, now everyone will go...but still when we got there, no line, and it took about 3 minutes tops...there never was a line....wonder what the difference was. We waited for our color tag to call...and walked off the ship...luggage was right there (sorry) and off we went!

I'm glad that your disembarkation went more smoothly than ours. Perhaps you were more prepared than DH and I were - you expected the worst, and it wasn't :) . Our "missing" bag was located about 10 minutes after we'd left the terminal on the Princess shuttle and was ground-shipped to us. It arrived one week after we left the ship; the bag had never been opened: We're certain this was a (suit)case of "mistaken identity" :D .

Hope you feel better soon. Is it a case of PCB (PostCruiseBlues)? ;)

Chris

We have just done the same thing! Arrived home from The Grand on Feb 10th ,just booked The Dawn for April 12th. Could have booked The Golden prefer the size of The Dawn more though. (Sailed on her last year)

It's wonderful to be able to drive to San Francisco and just hop on the ship as opposed to flying here and there beforehand. The price was terrific also!

Happy sails to all.

Gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!! We have never been on the Golden. Our last two were on the Dawn. Loved her...... 45 minuted drive and we're onboard. PRINCESS, PLEASE COME BACK TO SF FOR M.R. SAILINGS......;)

Happy sails to all.

Jevey-Come join in our roll call for the Dawn April 12. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=336271

Archived