Craving a Mango Tango

You won't find the Mango Tango on the web (tried that,my fave too) as it is RCI's drink. I do know per speaking with a bartender on the Grandeur that it is Pina Colada mix, add mango syrup, juice or puree and dump in the rum. Not sure if it will come out the same at home though,just because you won't be on a cruise.

I posted the same request last April after coming back from the Grandeur! Loved that drink. I had a few suggestions...tried all kinds of combinations using frozen baccardi mixers, flavored rums, ... nothing was quite right! Had a few happy weekends trying though! We're heading out on the Voyager 3/31 and I was hoping I could get a Mango Tango with a proper recipe! For sure it's a combo of 2 drinks...

Friends had a "Frozen Party" because they missed Mango Tangos so much. Use 2 seperate blenders- one for pina coladas (white rum) & one for mango daquiris (any tequila) but mix them together in the glass. For some reason they tasted better mixed this way, plus the colors looked better.

Also remember the second drink is always better if you've used enough booze.

Well....you can try but I have a feeling it won't taste the same...you need the salty air...ocean breeze...caribbean music....

without the laundry

the dishes

alarm clock

and reality!!!!!

Cheers!

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 oz

5 oz

2 oz

12.gif

Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake and strain into a collins glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish with fresh pineapple and cherry on a skewer. Serve.

4.gif

Serve in:

Not sure where this recipe came from, but it is not the Mango Tango served in RCI ships. First, it's a frozen drink, and second there is no blue curacoa in it, I'd vomit.

Try this one....

Mango Tango: (1st part of drink) 1 oz. dark rum, 1 oz. coconut cream, 1 oz. pineapple juice, blend with crushed ice; (2nd part of drink) 1 oz. dark rum, 1 1/2 oz. mango concentrate, 1/2 oz. orange juice, blend with crushed ice. Drink must must be layered in two, garnished with orange and cherry, and served in a 14-oz. Collins glass.

And after you've had several try singing this 'Sesame Street' song...

Music by Mike Renzi

MANGO TANGO

I love to eat a mango

She loves to dance the tango

But I can't dance the tango

While he eats a mango

'Cause for dancing a tango

You always need two

Ooh, what are we going to do?

Let's both eat the mango

Let's both dance the tango

Or wait, eat your mango

While we do the tango

No, that's way too messy

And difficult too

You know that eating a mango

Is healthy for you

Well, dancing the tango's

Great excercise too

Hey! Let's both eat a mango

And then dance a tango

Thats what we should do

And our problem will be through

Mango...Mango...

Mango...Mango...

Tango...Tango...

Tango...Tango...

We worked our problem through

Now we'll eat mango,

Dance tango, eat mango, dance tango

Happily ever after...

With you!

LOL (couldn't resist). I'm off to find the blender!

Kat

Mango tangoes are the best. When I was on my first cruise in 2002, my daughter bought a recipe book of all the RCI drinks, pics and all, for her college roommates. It was a great book, I believe it cost $10, and she was sorry she didn't get one for herself. Two years later I looked for the book and it was nowhere to be found. I even asked in the RCI logo store and it seemed like no-one even heard of it! The Mango Tango drink recipe was definitely in it.

Mango Tangos are perfectly lovely without the tropical setting; I fell for them on our Alaskan cruise.

Two days into the cruise I switched to virgin MTs b/c I figured out I was pregnant, but they still tasted delicious.

Hubby watched them make it, it was simple. Mango puree from some sort of container, pina colada mix from another container. Rum (until one figures out pg). Ice. Blend. yum.

All:

I need your help. My wife and I just got off the Serenade 2-11 and we both are missing Mango Tango's badly. Does anyone has the recipe for this drink? DW looked on the internet with no success. HELP. That is all she talks about.

Berry

First Timer:(

sounds like you will have to book another cruise ;)

I love the floater on top as well...always request it when I am sippn' on 'em in my awesome short stem, swirled souvenier glass!! YUM! Can taste it now...only 5 more months now to go. :)

I have seen frozen Mango puree at Trader Joe's. If you have one nearby, you might be able to find it. Otherwise, get frozen or ripe fresh mangos and run them through your blender. Strain out any pulp and you have mango puree.

All:

I need your help. My wife and I just got off the Serenade 2-11 and we both are missing Mango Tango's badly. Does anyone has the recipe for this drink? DW looked on the internet with no success. HELP. That is all she talks about.

Berry

First Timer:(

Is the Mango Tango the drink they serve during the sailaway, because I LOVED those!?

Sheri

Thanks so much for everyone's input. I have having a frozen party tonight and will try the Pina colada/Mango Daq. mix. I can't believe it is Pina because I can't stand coconut. But I will try it. I am also going to try something I think might be good. I am going to call it a Bango Tango. Half Mango Daq/Half Banana Daq. Mixed with RUM, ofcourse. I will let you know how it turns out.

Berry:D

Try this one....

Mango Tango: (1st part of drink) 1 oz. dark rum, 1 oz. coconut cream, 1 oz. pineapple juice, blend with crushed ice; (2nd part of drink) 1 oz. dark rum, 1 1/2 oz. mango concentrate, 1/2 oz. orange juice, blend with crushed ice. Drink must must be layered in two, garnished with orange and cherry, and served in a 14-oz. Collins glass.

And after you've had several try singing this 'Sesame Street' song...

Music by Mike Renzi

MANGO TANGO

I love to eat a mango

She loves to dance the tango

But I can't dance the tango

While he eats a mango

'Cause for dancing a tango

You always need two

Let's both eat the mango

Let's both dance the tango

Or wait, eat your mango

While we do the tango

No, that's way too messy

And difficult too

You know that eating a mango

Is healthy for you

Well, dancing the tango's

Great excercise too

Hey! Let's both eat a mango

And then dance a tango

Thats what we should do

And our problem will be through

Mango...Mango...

Mango...Mango...

Tango...Tango...

Tango...Tango...

We worked our problem through

Now we'll eat mango,

Dance tango, eat mango, dance tango

Happily ever after...

With you!

LOL (couldn't resist). I'm off to find the blender!

Kat

OK, Kat, I am going to the store to buy the ingredients and then mix up a big blender full for DH and I. Then after we finish the last drop, we will sing the song and think we are back on the cruise ship! :D ROTFLMAO!

Archived