Activities your kids enjoyed in Hawaii?

tray

Hi!

We're off to Hawaii this June and I'm in the process of planning our excursions.

If you've been on a cruise to Hawaii with your kids...............tell me:

What did you do that your kids loved?

What did you do that you your kids wished you hadn't?

By the way, my kids are 14 and 11.

Thanks!

We have a now 11YO daughter. Have done HI cruises with her when she was 9 and again at 10 - second time brought her 10YO cousin with as well.

First time at Hilo we took an excursion to the volcano NP. Although it was great and she enjoyed it - there was no reason to take the excursion - we just spent less time in the park and more time waiting for people to get on and off the bus, and at other stops (macadamia nut 'factory' and Hilo Hatties). So the second time we rented a car and went on our own. Seeing the ground steaming, hiking the lava tube, did the Jr Ranger program. Kids really had a good time.

Both times in Maui we snorkeled with the Pacific Whale foundation - kids loved it (DH stays on the boat! don't know why he doesn't snorkel). And the aqurium (DD could visit an aquarium daily and never get bored).

Only went to Kauia the first time - did the "off roads" excursion. DD really liked it (it was bouncy, they served really good snacks, and there was another 10YO girl on it - not certain she really liked the excursion part - don't think she really noticed much). Kauia struck me as more of an 'adult centric' destination.

In Hilo we snorkeled some more and shopped.

In Honolulu - we shopped, swam, went to the zoo, hiked around Diamond Head.

Archived