Infant/Toddler Twins - Best Cruises?

Mom_of_Twins

What are the best lines/cruises/ships for us? We have 1 year old twins and miss cruising. My husband and I are Celebrity/Silversea/and Holland America veterans and would like a cruise that we will enjoy. (Kids are not old enough for Disney yet.)

We also need kid amenities. Any thoughts?

I took my twins on a Princess cruise at 13 months and and again at 20 months and had the times of our lives. The only problem with Princess is there are no childcare options, so you will be with your twins 24/7 (which was exactly what I wanted since I work full time).

On Carnival, you would be able to do the nightime group babysitting ($6/hour for 1 and $4 for the 2nd child), but it's not as refined a cruise as you're used to. We did Carnival last time when my girls turned 2 so they could participate in the kids program (Princess has a minimum age of 3).

I think RCCL has in cabin babysitting and activities for toddlers, but I haven't gone that route.

Like everything in life, cruising is different with toddlers, but it's still the best way to go.

Have a great time!

Best,

Mia

Thanks for the info. Our kids are GREAT little folks. Although I too work full time I am also looking for some "alone" time with hubby in the evenings so I am looking for after dinner care for the kids in our room if possible.

That way I can put them down and someone can just watch after them while they sleep.

I am glad to hear that another mom of twins has done this and not lost her mind. My husband is very hesitant but I think it would be a great kind of vacation!

Thanks for the info. Our kids are GREAT little folks. Although I too work full time I am also looking for some "alone" time with hubby in the evenings so I am looking for after dinner care for the kids in our room if possible.

That way I can put them down and someone can just watch after them while they sleep.

I am glad to hear that another mom of twins has done this and not lost her mind. My husband is very hesitant but I think it would be a great kind of vacation!

I completely get it - that's why cruising is so perfect. You can do the family vacation and also have the alone time as a couple in the evening. As parents of twins, you especially deserve a week of someone else doing all the cooking and cleaning - all you have to do is enjoy your twins and each other.

RCCL sounds perfect for you - but Carnival can be an option even though they don't do in-cabin babysitting. Many parents just bring their children asleep in the stroller at night and leave them in the group babysitting. They give you a beeper in case there's any problem.

Best,

Mia

Archived