How do you do formal night?

JimandLouise

How do you do formal night?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. How do you do formal night?

• Its a 'special night' I'll get in a tux any chance I get.
    • Why waste the money on a tux when a dark suit will do?
    • I attend formal nights but I don't dress for the occasion.
    • I stick to room service or Horizon Court those nights - I don't want to dress up.

bdjam.. being gay doesn't bother me.. My best friend is gay, the two women that bought the house next to mine are lesbian.. no biggie.. All I ask is for their friendship and respect and I offer the same.. Think HR just got a little frustrated today... This board will soon demise if we allow personal attacks. I enjoy pushing buttons to get a reaction, and can take it as well as dish it out. But when remarks start hurting, perhaps it is time to lighten up.. In reality, we are not going to change anyone's mind on the subject.. So next month, on my Alaskian cruise, I will don my tux knowing that it pleases both my wife and myself.. :)

I will wear my tux as a gay man or run down the corridors in my pijamas as gay man ..being gay has nothing to do with this or anyones acceptance of me being gay...I simply said as with some of my other black humoured posts...must be the "homosexual" in me coming to the surface...do we have to disect everything? HR is a little furstrated your right LARGIN..Adn it's one thing to push buttons LARGIN heaven knows and you taht I do it constently but there are some taht just get under my skin and I am frustrated with how some continue to push and push and push therer beliefs until what we all cave in or pass out...NEVER!

bdjam.. being gay doesn't bother me.. My best friend is gay, the two women that bought the house next to mine are lesbian.. no biggie..
Of course not, we live in the good old Bay Area…no remarks here have hurt - definitely not me, anyway. I sometimes just have to pull back and remember where I am and that this discussion board isn't the most important thing in the world.

Have a great Alaskan trip - I'm on Regal Princess out of San Francisco to Alaska this month...and I've already got the tux ready for the garment bag. And my ex partner liked the way I looked in it as much as I do too! ;)

Hilarious! Catmand, you've posted that before, which convinces me that you will definitely be wearing it! Can Sue and I sail with you? We want to take pictures! Or does Wanda have some that we can buy?! Please say we'll see ya in it! OK Get in line everyone! :D

Verwirrt: I am sailing with Catmand in Oct. and I guarantee you if he wore that thong on formal nights I would take a picture. Chuck you are too funny. It will be a pleasure sailing with you. Your cartoons are something else. Everybody, you should see Catmand's little pictures he is always putting on our roll call thread. They are something else.

Marilyn

I don’t think you can deny the spirit of the evening that the cruise line is trying to present and the fact that the dress guidelines are presented to facilitate the formal evenings.
I agree on hundred percent. It is the spirit Princess would like. However, they did not make it a requirement. One might ask why? The only reasonable answer is that Princess does not want to force anyone whom does not want to dress formally to dress formally or otherwise. Princess recognizes some passengers like to dress formal and experience that type of evening. In an effort to attract both types of cruise passengers, they choose not to require formal attire. Therefore, my not dressing in formal attire has not violated any policy, has not affected your evening in any way, etc. Some just refuse to see that Princess is the problem here, not me or others that don’t dress in formal attire. I have noticed some conflicting wording in various Princess documents. Considering that, then what does one do to achieve clarity on the issue? I called Princess, more than once! Princess told me I do not have to dress in formal attire. You want me to dress in formal attire. I want everyone on the freeway to use a signal when they change lanes which is the law. My distaste towards drivers not signaling is appropriate because it is required. Other passengers distaste directed at me for not wearing formal attire is inappropriate.

I don’t consider this an argument, rather a debate. Am I going to change anyone’s opinion on this issue? Probably not, I do believe and hope that I have caused some to think about this issue a little more and perhaps realize that the pejorative remarks and attacks on those that do not dress in formal attire are wrong. As I have stated numerous times, I don’t dine in the dining room on formal night. That is out of respect for the formal attired passengers who want to enjoy the spirit of the evening. I am fully within the cruise lines policy if I did dine in the dining room while not attired in formal wear.

I guess I just don’t understand why Princess has to mandate dress for it’s passengers to understand what the cruise line is trying to convey with a formal evening. Right, the dress is suggested by Princess, indicating what’s proper for formal events. But why does a cruise line have to tell us this?
Exactly my point! Princess does not tell us it is required! They don’t have to provide any information on formal night or the appropriate attire. Princess chooses to do so, and when they made that choice, they became the responsible party for not making it a requirement.
Again, if we want to lay all the responsibility on the cruise line and take none for ourselves, then you’re correct.
I have no responsibility , none whatsoever concerning my attire or yours as I am in compliance with the dress code as are you.

I agree with you 100% Shipkicker and I also agre about not using turn signal either...just drives me squirlly as well...almost as good as someone doing an 8 lane change on the 405 Freeway!
I try to NEVER, EVER use the 405. I’m a 710 man myself! For those not in Southern California, the 405, a.k.a. The San Diego Freeway is one of the busiest in the greater Los Angeles area. This is the freeway of O.J. Simpson slow chase fame.

Here is some info that is totally useless.

The 405 averages (at peak time) 210,000 vehicles an hour, with average annual daily traffic of 310,000 vehicles. Approximately 2,882,784 vehicle trips are taken on L.A.'s 650 miles of freeways and 22,000 miles of surface streets each day between 7-8 a.m. on weekdays. This is the equivalent of the entire population of Dallas, Texas.

How’s that for an off topic post!

Archived