Island Museum....and Logistics questions??

sharecruises

Hi...

any reviews of the island museum?? It seems to be close to where I think the Glory will dock....

http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/eng/info-map.asp

I was thinking it might be nice to have a short visit there...then shop *I am looking for a hammock, embroidered blouse or cover up...maybe silver jewelry, vanilla and some "sun face' thingys LOL

should I shop then go back to ship and put stuff in cabin or take it with me to a locker at Playa Uvas??

I want to go to Uvas a la carte, no snorkel etc....just go have drinks/food and maybe a massage...then back to ship with perhaps a stop at Carlos and Charlies for a drink and/or a tee shirt ?

any logistics ideas on this?? any museum reviews...? thanks

There are an abundance of cabs in Cozumel, so you shouldn't have any trouble with transportation. Just go to any line of cabs and get into the first one. From the Museum to the pier they will probably charge you $7-10. From the museum to the beach it should be only $10 also, but the driver's have a habit of trying to cheat cruise line passengers. If you aren't going to or from the dock, don't let them know you're from a cruise line. Just be sure to get the price up front. Say "$10 to Playa Uvas??" When we have stayed in Cozumel on land vacations we were told by our concierge to tell the driver we were staying on the island to get a better rate. It was funny, but the driver always found a way of asking us if we were on the island "just for the day", "what ship are you on", etc.

Always looking for a way to make an extra buck.

Anyways, yes, it is logistically possible, just with 2 or 3 taxi rides and depending on how much you mind on spending for transportation. Have a great time.

Archived