Cruise Critic Visitor's Log on QM2

cusyl

We're joining the cruise on Mar 22 in Valparaiso - we'll sign in and report on the status of the book after we disembark in Rio!

Great suggestion to sign in right away, but do you think it's wise to add cabin #? Those of you who have traveled QM2 before, what do you think?

We're joining the cruise from Valparaiso on march 22 and will sign in!

Those of you who have traveled QM2 previously - is it wise to add cabin # to name?

Thanks - I'll report back on status of book after disembarking in Rio!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK!

Get to do the "bump" again.

Signed the book and met PaulNH while at it. (Paul, how was the return trip? Does that mean you get to sign it twice this voyage?)

Let me know if it was as foggy as the trip out. A pleasure to meet you!

Ladymacwilly.

PS, smart to do the Isle of Wight. I ended up in London on the Queens 80th birthday and on Landsdowne road in Dublin on the major Rugby Match, rolling my luggage up against 50,000 exiting fans.

Who knew this was all due to the QM2's schedule.:eek:

• 2 months later...
We are going again in December, just wondered if we will need a second book?

You might after all that are going on the Independence Sailabration sign it next week - LOL, I'll double check and see how many pages are left.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone notice how many pages are left?

Hi cusyl,

I was on the 7/3 Independence Sampler Cruise for 5 days and we mentioned the signing of the book at our Meet & Greet.

I went the following day to the Library and was given the book that is held in the Book Shop file cabinet. I signed it and also notice about 5 others from that cruise that also signed it.

I found that there was still more than 3/4 - 7/8 of the book still open. Many, Many, Many pages left and available for signing.

Regards,

:cool: ESLO

(Ed & Bev)

• 1 month later...

I just returned from 24 days aboard the ship. The log book is still in the library. There are lots of blank pages waiting to be filled.

I borrowed the book from the librarian and our CC group all added to it when I hosted a meeting in my cabin.

I was able to locate my entry from last year and enjoyed reading other's comments.

• 5 months later...

Hi cusyl,

As in the past, I will remind my CC'ers on the April 10th Cruise on the QM2to make a visit to the Library / BookShop to sign in the QM2 CC'ers Journal. They will have 8 days to visit, but will try to bring the book also to the gathering as you have suggested on the past.

I did so last year on the July 4th cruise and got a good response.

EVERYONE, KEEP UP THIS WORTH WHILE TRADITION........................

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Eslo, yes we need to keep up this tradition. Your voyage is not very far away now, I bet you are SO excited!

Hi Cusyl,

Well we only have hours till we are onboard the QM2. Seems like a longtime ago we booked it and started the waiting game.

We will be meeting as a group on Wednesday, Apr 11th in the Commodore Club arranged by the QM2 Hotel Managers Office onboard.

I have mentioned to my group about your log and will attempt to remember to bring it up to the meet. I think it is still in the Bookshop or Library. We'll find it. I hope they would add to it during the rest of the cruise.

I will give you a update of how big and also how full it is at this time.

I am not sure if anyone or I will do a "Live From The QM2...." during the cruise. First, let's board and then we'll see.

I am sorry we didn't get an idea of how the last cruise on the 4/2 with Host Doug did since no word came off of the ship.

We will be arriving at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in RedHook and they will be leaving to head back to their hometowns.

Thank you for your support in keeping this Log's Traditon going.

See you on our return...

Archived