Cruise Critic Visitor's Log on QM2

cusyl

Hi Sylvia,

Once again it is time to bring this thread up and remind everyone to sign the Cruise Critic Logbook located in the QM2 Library/Book Shop when they are sailing.

We will be sailing the Queen next week and very much intend to bring the CC Logbook to the Meet & Greet and encourge all to sign it and find time also to read all the past comments.

I try to do this each time we are on and enjoy reading all the past comments from our fellow Cruise Critics.

Sylvia, will let you know how many pages have been used and also how many are left in the book. There were quite a number of pages left last year in April.

Once again, Thank You Sylvia!

Hi Penny again

I am just looking at this and knew nothing of any book unfortunately. We were just a small group on the 29th February cruise.

We did our meet and greet on the 1st March our first sea day and at your suggestion Rena extended an invitation to exactly who I am not sure but the Hotel Manager David Stephenson and Commodore Bernard Warner to our surprise both came along.

They were surprised to see so few. We were only 14 registered in total and I think 2 absent from the meeting.

They spent approx 40 minutes with us and asked questions and also answered ours.

We found out that there were in fact 1940 guests from the UK on this cruise. it was heavily discounted by 3 TA's not any I booked and a good number of these were first time cruisers. Of our group some had cruised before but none with Cunard.

I had occasion to meet with David Stephenson on another subject and I also undertook to write and thank them for coming along and meeting with us.

Later in the cruise I got an invite to another Cocktail Party which was the equivilant of the Party held in the Captain Quarters on the Caronia. With my invite was a hand written note asking me to bring my CC friends along. I was in a panic as I only knew Rena'a room no. Called her and she was not there. Later in the evening through her I managed to get a hold of some of them. I arrived I think last of all as I had been so busy trying to sort things out I was really rushed getting dressed etc.

Once more I just love my time on the great LADY. Found my way around better this time although I didn't mind drifting a bit now and again. I loved my time in NY and got an upgrade in my hotel room an upgrade both ways on my BA flights. Never happened before and probably won't ever again. I had been upgraded on the Ship as well so felt incredibly lucky.

I met some really nice friends and we 3 from the UK as well as our new friend from the US Jane and we enjoyed spending time together. We had a lot of fun and are keeping in contact with each other. Photo's email etc.

Do have a great time those of you who are heading off soon. Happy Easter to everyone out there and I hope the sun shines where you are. They are talking of snow for us and it is cold enough today.

Off to bed as it is late.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard rumours that the QM2 Cruise Critic Log Book has become a target for those who have left CC to set up their own forum. Might I remind these people that this Log Book was supplied and put in place by Cruise Critic members four years ago and should not be 'vandalised' out of spite.

They should put their own book in place if they think they have enough members to make it worthwhile.

Thank You

Ken

The contact you heard rumours from is mistaken.

Why on earth would we "vandalise" it? Many people on the other forum are still active members here, and no-one has a problem with any member here. I think someone is trying to stir the pot, and it is not us!

I signed the book last time I was on, and will continue to sign it. More to the point, I do not want a "them and us" scenario to evolve, so really do not want to see two books.

(Equally Ken, the person who purchased the book and put in on QM2 is Bronbeth. She happens to be a member of both forums and the legal owner of the book. Where does this place your rant now? :confused: )

Good day

James

I have heard rumours that the QM2 Cruise Critic Log Book has become a target for those who have left CC to set up their own forum. Might I remind these people that this Log Book was supplied and put in place by Cruise Critic members four years ago and should not be 'vandalised' out of spite.

They should put their own book in place if they think they have enough members to make it worthwhile.

Thank You

Ken

The CC Visitors Book on the QM2 "belongs" to all who love the QM2. It must not become a pawn in any posters vs host match.

The contact you heard rumours from is mistaken.

Why on earth would we "vandalise" it? Many people on the other forum are still active members here, and no-one has a problem with any member here. I think someone is trying to stir the pot, and it is not us!

I signed the book last time I was on, and will continue to sign it. More to the point, I do not want a "them and us" scenario to evolve, so really do not want to see two books.

(Equally Ken, the person who purchased the book and put in on QM2 is Bronbeth. She happens to be a member of both forums and the legal owner of the book. Where does this place your rant now? :confused: )

Good day

James

Pardon me but you should read some of the comments on your forum before you claim not to want a 'them and us' scenario :rolleyes: Much of the bile reserved for me for some reason.

I have read .......

'Looking forward to seeing your "Cunard Critic" addition right here

.........Picture of Front Page of CC Log Book .......

Just a polite addition, mind. No need to go out of your way to make enemies, our quarrels are not with those who love the QM2. Bon Voyage!'

and ...... 'I agree, one book. (In the "them against us" tiff, the bad guys are not our fellow cruisers who actually sail on these grand ships.) I'll add "We free spirits at Cunard Critic are delighted to support this Visitors Book" right above the Dark Side sticker on the title page, if James hasn't already.'

Ring any bells??? What would you call some sort of grafitti pledging support on the title page but vandalism???

Bronbeth may have bought the blank book that she DONATED, but it was me who labelled it up and pursuaded the librarians on QM2 to look after. Legal owner indeed??? Why rant about that - surely it belongs to all the Cruise Critics who sign it now and in the future.

Ken

... Bronbeth may have bought the blank book that she DONATED, but it was me [sic] who labelled it up and pursuaded the librarians on QM2 to look after. Legal owner indeed??? Why rant about that - surely it belongs to all the Cruise Critics [and others!] who sign it now and in the future.

Ken

I [and others!] agree. I'll keep photographing it as often as I can and I'll bet you that every signer but maybe you cares more about the ship than the "Critic" modifier.

I [and others!] agree. I'll keep photographing it as often as I can and I'll bet you that every signer but maybe you cares more about the ship than the "Critic" modifier.

Why can't you leave things alone - you lot seem to be obsessed with 'the dark side'?? I care about the ship - you don't have to be in your forum for that - I also care about showing some respect for a log that has been placed onboard for people to sign in NOT scrawl their purile thoughts about Cruise Critic over.

Also, please don't put words in my mouth - or quotes I didn't make.

Why can't you leave things alone - you lot seem to be obsessed with 'the dark side'?? I care about the ship - you don't have to be in your forum for that - I also care about showing some respect for a log that has been placed onboard for people to sign in NOT scrawl their purile thoughts about Cruise Critic over.

Then why raise it at all? Let's stop this now before we all get banned for being mean and nasty.

Then why raise it at all? Let's stop this now before we all get banned for being mean and nasty.

Me? I'm all sweetness and light :D But I will say when I think something is wrong. Perhaps 'others' ought to think more about what they write if they don't want people to react??? :rolleyes:

Ken

One book, one ship for all who sail on our beloved Queen Mary 2..

It doesn't matter what boards we write on for heavens sakes ! :eek:

Cusyl

You have championed this log more than anyone on this board and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. I trust that's what you say to others on the 'other side' when they have tried to make it a pawn in some sort of competition ?

I won't comment any more - lets just see what happens.

Regards

Ken

The CC Visitors Book on the QM2 "belongs" to all who love the QM2. It must not become a pawn in any posters vs host match.

Bravo. At our sizable 'meet 'n greet' next Thursday in the Commodore Club, we will all pass around, and sign, 'the book'. I know there will be no desecration. :)

Cheers...

From reading this thread one person stands out as wanting to make an issue with the 2 websites, does make you wonder as to why ? Jealousy is an auwfull thing :eek:

F.

Thank You

Ken

WTG Ken

Perphaps you could point the members of this and other sites as to the evidence of any "damage" that has been done to said book...:rolleyes: rumours and miss information from some people, :confused: really needs to be looked at as to why they feel the need to do this.

F

One book, one ship for all who sail on our beloved Queen Mary 2..

It doesn't matter what boards we write on for heavens sakes ! :eek:

AMEN Sylvia....how right you are. It's for all of us who love that ship. It should never be a pawn between anyone...anywhere!

On my first QM2 trip it came to our meet and greet and was passed around. A lady who happend by asked what it was and then asked if she mght sign it too as she had fallen in love with the ship. We were delighted to pass it to her. Should we perhaps have said no as she wasn't a member of ANY forum???

I will continue to sign it, 2 more times this year, regardless of the fact that I don't post here very often anymore. And I'll hope that everyone will see it as belonging to ALL of us who love QM2.....period!

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

AMEN Sylvia....how right you are. It's for all of us who love that ship. It should never be a pawn between anyone...anywhere!

Amen to both Sylvia and Penny. This book is available to anyone who may have heard of it and wants to add their names to the people who love the QM2 and want to point out that they were there. Battle of the boards should have nothing to do with the book and Cunard.

I was one of those at Penny's meeting and I signed the book adding what I hope will be to a long list of names from around the world who will partake in this modern legend.

Okay, Penny REALLY fell in love....I kinda went over to her sister for two dates but hope to do the QM2 again some day in the future and sign once again.

David

• 3 months later...

Hi Sylvia-

Signing the book is the first thing I do on board (after lunch in King's Court). It's a coincidence - I signed right after Charles, who I met on the Crown Princess in 2006. He was on a TA a few weeks before.

Three voyages on QM2 and three entries! Thanks for the reminders, Sylvia!

Looking forward to seeing you sign again, sometime soon!

Hi Sylvia-

Signing the book is the first thing I do on board (after lunch in King'sCourt). It's a coincidence - I signed right after Charles, who I met on the Crown Princess in 2006. He was on a TA a few weeks before.

Three voyages on QM2 and three entries! Thanks for the reminders, Sylvia!

Looking forward to seeing you sign again, sometime soon!

You are so lucky...I only have 2 signatures :( . Maybe next year ...not in the cards for this year unfortunately. We had to cancel our TA for this year.

• 1 month later...

Time to bump this up again to remind our CC members sailing on the QM2 soon to sign this book that was put on the ship during its first voyage.

It i kept at the Librarian's desk. Just ask for it.

If you are having a meet and greet appoint someone to get it from the library for everyone to sign and then return to the library.

Let's keep this going. :D

• 2 months later...

Off topic, but I wanted to let all my QM2 friends know that John passed away quietly at home and I was by his side, in the care of round the clock nurses from Hospice. I don't know what I would have done without them.

He fought his horrible cancer for two years and was in constant pain. I am very sad to lose him after 52 years of marriage, but I know he is in a better place and free from pain. Perhaps next year I will be able to sail one more time on the ship we loved so much.

Archived