size of grand suite ??

IFLYNRV1

On the Fantasy class ships a category 11 is about 220 square feet and a category 12 is 330 square feet. Also the balcony jumps from (I believe) like 35 square feet to 70 square feet. Also some of the category 11s have obstructed views and the balconies in a category 12 are more private. Hope this helps.

You are the 2nd person to tell me that the Fassication has suites with an obstructed view (some)... i can't believe this....on our 2nd cruise we booked an outside room a a huge window and the tender boat was right in front...the room was almost black the whole time....not fun....i'm just having a hard time believing we could have a blocked view in a suite. we are booked in v 12 and v14 ...anyway I can find out??

much thx

J

Sailing on Fasicnation end of march. Currently booked in a suite...carnival is asking if i'd like to upgrade to grand suite.....any suggestions? how much nicer/ bigger are they / deck size??

much thx

i don't know what that means either, unless they are possibly referring to the owner's suite (if that even still exists on that ship). the suites i know of are cat 11s (sometimes referred to as mini-suites) and cat 12s (referred to as penthouse suites).

just got off of a cruise in a cat 12. it was nice. a description of the cabin is in my thread. link follows:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=502791

You are the 2nd person to tell me that the Fassication has suites with an obstructed view (some)... i can't believe this....on our 2nd cruise we booked an outside room a a huge window and the tender boat was right in front...the room was almost black the whole time....not fun....i'm just having a hard time believing we could have a blocked view in a suite. we are booked in v 12 and v14 ...anyway I can find out??

much thx

J

Yes it is true that some of the Mini Suites on the Fantasy class ships have obstructed views but NOT yours. Check out deck plans on the numerous cruise sites and you'll see that the last three cabins on each side of the Verandah deck have obstructed views. ( the lifeboats ) Also remember that the Fantasy class ships were built at a time when having a balcony wasn't the priority that it is today. Carnival calls the Cat 11s a mini suite but in reality it's about the same size as a Cat 8 on the new Conquest ships. The Fantasy class Cat 11 balconies are also VERY small by todays standards. Around 30SF if memory serves me. Still, all in all, big enough for two of you. Hope this helps.:)

Brent

wow, i can't get over the difference in the rooms, looks great. Our last cruise was on the Dawn Princess, we had the most common size room w/ a balcony..by far the smallest room we've been in (5 cruises) and they had a mini suite just down the hall at least 3x the size of our room, so i guess not all lines are the same size rooms ...size of ship / how new etc.

Its our 1st time on Carnival and truth be told i've read the reviews on the Fasinastion ..i'm not expecting much so i'm sure it'll be fine ..and it just came out of dry dock...also for 600pp for mini suite.....not much $$. I just read today that the same cruise in dec has a fair of 449 for the same cat 11 room ....hard to beat the price.

thx

J

have you cruised much on carnival??...we've been on princess the most and were ready to try another line

carnival called it a grand suite...but its a penthouse suite...cat 12

they do sound much larger.....i'm thinking for a 4 nite cruise a suite will be fine...but i'm going to check out the penthouse suite when i'm on the ship for future sailings...if?? i like carnival

I love the Cat 12 suite (aka Penthouse suites). There is so much more room inside and outside on the baclony. There is way more storage also. I actually had a place for everything. I'll never go back.

...in my signature there are pictures of the Cat 11 suites on the imagination, you can see the further back you go, the lifeboats start to get in the way. The other issue is privacy, there are public decks that can see right on to the Cat 11 suites, but not the Cat 12

There is an owners suite on the Fascination - it is cabin S2. You won't find it on the deck plan and most of the crew won't even acknowledge that it exists. The room has a bar, living room/dining room, large bedroom, walk-in closet and a large bathroom. If you look at the sports deck the room takes up the entire curved area near the grand atrium. Great room for entertaining.

Mrdood, just notice that you were on the Imagination ship and I'm in the Penhouse suite. Are the lifeboats in front of the ph. suites? I know that on the Holiday ph. suites the lifeboats are in front of the balcony and it block your view.

Archived