Nassau Bahamas the ---Stingray Express Beach Break anyone done this???????

shaney

Do you know what Island you go to for the Stingrays - some friends of our swam with rays at Pearl Island - they enjoyed it for their first time - but I would have HATED it as the rays are PENNED.

My first time with the rays was in GC where they swim free and it was the MOST AMAZING experience of my life.

Is your excursion with the ship or private?

Just wanting feedback on any of this excursion Has anyone done it and what did you think?

Nassau Bahamas the ---Stingray Express Beach Break

Thanks

Do you know which beach they are headed to? There are Stingrays on two islands.

Here's some pics from Blackbeards Cay.

If you have even been on a stingray adventure and pet and fed the stingrays.. then this will be OK.. If you've never had the please.. this is fun. It's a penned environment. And the rays stay near the shallow shoreline.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557806724XBomqX

We are doing the ships excursion at blackbeards cay It looks like the rays are penned up. Scubagirl do you swims with them or do you just feed them from beach? Is the beach ok?How is the snorkling there?

Thanks for your help Pics were good

Shaney

We are doing the ships excursion at blackbeards cay It looks like the rays are penned up. Scubagirl do you swims with them or do you just feed them from beach? Is the beach ok?How is the snorkling there?

Thanks for your help Pics were good

Shaney

Yes, they are in a rather large pen. It's somewhat shallow, but you could technically swim or snorkel with them.. but they are so used to being handled that they swarm at your feet the minute you're in the water.. and pretty much stay there.

The last time I was there.. I was in the water alone with them, and when I knelt down to feed them, they literally were "climbing" onto my lap. It was very funny.

Beside this penned area, there really isn't much snorkeling in the area. The bottom is white sand with a bit of sea grass.. Not much to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from blackbeards. There are probably 20 or more stingrays in a fairly large penned up area some fish also. I personally had a great time you get to feed them while you are there You can spend as much time as you want with them . The kids there seemed to like the experience. For $10 you can have a pic in the water holding one if you like. the beach area was nice also plenty of room and chairs. It looked like you could rent jet skis also. I took the powerboat excursion through Royal Caribbean It was a little more money , but only took 5 min to get there and back so I feel I had more time on the island . There are some great pics on webshots of the area if you want to get a idea of the area I will have some on there soon. There was a bar ,snack bar , suvenier shop , bathrooms and showers on the beach also

Have fun

Shaney

Archived