St Thomas the -- Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves anyone done this??????

shaney

• 2 weeks later...

Shaney,

We have been to Christmas Cove on a catamaran but it wasn't one of the cruise ship excursions. On a previous extended trip to St. Thomas, our hotel's catamaran took us snorkeling at Christmas Cove. The water is beautiful and there were lots of fish. The beach is small but looked pretty although we stayed in the water the whole time. If you go there, you'll have a good time.

Just got back from my cruise on the Radiance. We did this excursion last week. It was awesome! Instead of Christmas cove we went to Turtle cove and got to see the Sea Turtles, and all the different fish and coral in the reef. On the way over they gave us sodas, water and chips and salsa. After you were done snorkling you were offered beer or rum punch (or you could stick with the sodas and water) We then went over to Honeymoon Cove where they provided us with an awesome BBQ Buffet with ribs, chicken, salad, potato salad, and other munchies. And more beverages the entire time. The crew was a blast! Jamie, Chris, and Captain Dave were awesome! Jamie was in the water with us while snorkling and would dive down to take close up pictures of anything you wanted, she also explained what all the different fish and coral were. Chris was a one man entertainment show. Very amusing! Our group really enjoyed being on the open water and the beach with this crew! Hope you get this before you leave and decide to do it! Tons of fun!

There were probably about 25-30 people I am guessing?? It was a nice size group. Not to big, not to small. There was not any snorkling at Honeymoon cove, it was just a beach. But if you are feeling adventurous you can swim from the boat to the beach instead of going to the beach in the little motor boat! I'll tell you this, It looks a lot closer than it is! Ha!! But, they do watch everyone that swims over to the beach, and they pick people up that are struggling, you can use the fins on the boat also. It was fun, my excercise for the week!!! Ha!

Just got back from sailing on Serenade of the Seas (Mar 17 - 22). We pre booked the Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves (6 ½ hour excursion; $98/person). There were 20 of us on this excursion. Because of conditions at Christmas cove, we went to Turtle Cove instead. The water was calm with great visibility. We saw Stingrays, turtles and various sea life. We then headed to Honeymoon cove for some beach time and lunch. While lunch was being served, it began to rain. The rain lasted about 45 minutes. We spent about 2 hours at Honeymoon cove. Overall, a beautiful and fun day. The only draw back to this excursion is there is not enough time to shop once you get back to the ship. We would do this again without hesitation. The review above about Jamie, Chris and Capt Dave is right on. They are a great crew and you will have fun on this trip (if not it's you're own fault):D .

There were probably about 25-30 people I am guessing?? It was a nice size group. Not to big, not to small. There was not any snorkling at Honeymoon cove, it was just a beach. But if you are feeling adventurous you can swim from the boat to the beach instead of going to the beach in the little motor boat! I'll tell you this, It looks a lot closer than it is! Ha!! But, they do watch everyone that swims over to the beach, and they pick people up that are struggling, you can use the fins on the boat also. It was fun, my excercise for the week!!! Ha!

A bit of advice on swimming from the boat to the beach...take the vest and fins and swim on your back, it's much easier.

I have to agree to all that was said about this excursion.Dave , Chris, and Jamie were enjoying their jobs and it was spreading to all of us on the boat. The part where everyone gets a tatoo was hilarious. Be carefull because they will put the tatoo ANYWHERE you ask them to.And Chris was having a great time with this part of his job. For those who like to drink it up You will not go without They just keep pouring the drinks. You can use the snorkle gear when swimming to the beach at honeymoon. There is not a lot to see but you will run into a few fish on the way, also it does make the swim easier. Lunch was good. I would do again. Have fun all.

HELP!!!! If any one has a few pics of this excursion and would like to email some of the crew, trip, and beaches I would appreciate it for my pics got wiped out that day Thanks

Shaney270@hotmail.com

Shaney

Thanks for all the responses on christmas cove, i have posted this question also so long ago with no responses. I was beginning to think it wasn't any good. Glad to hear it is nice and I can't wait to go now. If anyone has pictures, I'd love to see them.

Archived