Our day at Orient Beach Kon Tiki

nikita

Hello, I would like to recommend a great place to spend the day and have lunch. While on a cruise we took a cab to Orient Beach where the cab driver dropped us off at the Kon Tiki. This was a great place to spend the day - we walked the beach and looked at the other areas and knew we had stayed at the right place. They had padded lounge chairs and beverage service on the beach. The chairs were $7 each for the day (If I remember correctly). The best thing about this place was their restaurant. So unique and really wonderful! Wait until the band starts playing to eat (1pm when we were there) and if you like lobster - order the lobster salad which was delicious! Beware - you will see some complete nudity but mostly tons of topless. Not a great place to take your children IMHO. But if you want a beautiful beach with a good restaurant, live music and clean restrooms this is a great place to spend the day.

Thanks nikita! How much did it cost you to take a taxi to Orient Beach and how many were there in the cab? Was lunch a reasonable price at Kon Tiki? Are there a lot of beach vendors? Are they annoying, or do they leave you alone if you just say no?

Bonnie

Go Here and click on the menu button for Kon Tiki. Don't forget to multiply the euro price by 130% to get the price in US dollars. Then too, there's a service fee of 15% on top of that.

Who says that Kon Tiki is not the most expensive outfit on the beach??

Wow, expensive! Not really suitable for a family of five. Can you imagine our bill with three kids , two of whom are teenage boys!!!

Last time we brought some cookies from the ship. This time we may stop at a store and buy some chips and snacks first.

We only bought some beer when we were at Orient beach, and I remember that the farther you walk down the beach( which seemed lined with beach shack bars) the cheaper the beer got.

Thanks nikita! How much did it cost you to take a taxi to Orient Beach and how many were there in the cab? Was lunch a reasonable price at Kon Tiki? Are there a lot of beach vendors? Are they annoying, or do they leave you alone if you just say no?

Bonnie

Hi,

The taxi was $12 for both of us (we tipped $3 extra). They filled up a large size van with approx. 12 people. We did not have to wait to fill it up - a lot of people were already going there. But on the way home we did have to ride around a bit with the cab driver looking for other passengers. I'm not sure that the euros are actually 130% more...look online at a bank (wells fargo has a computer that will figure it out for you) I went to Rome last summer and it seems like they were only calculated at 30% more for US currency. can't remember though. I just enjoyed my lunch and didn't have to worry but with a family of 5 it might be too expensive. Whatever you do I hope you enjoy your day!!

Wow, expensive! Not really suitable for a family of five. Can you imagine our bill with three kids , two of whom are teenage boys!!!

Last time we brought some cookies from the ship. This time we may stop at a store and buy some chips and snacks first.

We only bought some beer when we were at Orient beach, and I remember that the farther you walk down the beach( which seemed lined with beach shack bars) the cheaper the beer got.

I forgot about the beach vendors - there were a quite a few but they really were not intrusive. If you didn't look their way they seemed to ignore you. It really didn't bother me at all. They weren't the aggressive type. There was also a guy that would give rides on his horse for $20 - a lot of kids were taking advantage of it. It was kind of cool to watch the horse walk up and down the beach all day. The owner would just pull the horse along - no trotting or galloping so mostly a kids ride.

Archived