3 in a room?

reunion cruiser

Help ! I'm a bit nervous. I am going on my first Oceania cruise on April 16, Athens- Rome, with 2 friends I met my first day in college ( many many years ago ! ) Usually, my husband and I book either a room with a balcony or a suite when we have cruised other lines. We have an ocean view room, but no balcony, so the size will not only feel smaller, but be smaller.

Has anyone cruised 3 to a room on Insignia or other Oceania ships. Three women in a small room can be challanging under any circumstances!!!

Any feedback will be appreciated.........:)

In my opinion, I feel it will be very tight, in fact cramped. Two beds in one of those rooms does not leave for a lot of space to move around etc and the bathrooms are so small that only one can go in at a time.

Luckily you have all known each other a long time and it is also quite a port intensive cruise so you will not be spending a lot of time in your cabin.

Enjoy, it will be fun.

Jennie

Read the recent posts on 2/25/07 [Deck 4: C and C1 Cabins] for more information on ocean view cabins. Someone mentioned that the lounge area on deck 4 is under-utilized, and if you need to leave the cabin while another person is dressing, it is just a few steps down the hall to the lounge.

You will probably be off the ship quite a bit with only one sea day, so have fun and enjoy the cruise, you are going to love Oceania.

Help ! I'm a bit nervous. I am going on my first Oceania cruise on April 16, Athens- Rome, with 2 friends I met my first day in college ( many many years ago ! ) Usually, my husband and I book either a room with a balcony or a suite when we have cruised other lines. We have an ocean view room, but no balcony, so the size will not only feel smaller, but be smaller.

Has anyone cruised 3 to a room on Insignia or other Oceania ships. Three women in a small room can be challanging under any circumstances!!!

Any feedback will be appreciated.........:)

This may be your last reunion. For most people, the only way you could do this would be OS or VS where you have a separate living room and an extra half bath, or even PH where the room itself is bigger and with a balcony. Oceania is great and we have greatly enjoyed our three cruises with them. I know many say "you don't spend much time in your room anyway," but we feel it's still our home away from home, to me home is where you sleep and wake up, and we don't live 3 to a 160sq. ft. space at home! But you can do it, grin and enjoy the trip. Next time if you can afford it indulge in one of the luxury suites. (but book early,more than a year ahead, as these go the fastest since they are very desirable and good value since you get up to 4 times the space at only 2 to 3 times the cost!).

My wife & I have been down on Deck 4 twice, once on Regatta and once on Nautica, with a third trip booked on Regatta. We were on deck 6, with balcony, on Pacific Princess, a sister ship.

The rooms are adequate, but compact. I wouldn't want to have a 3rd person in there, and think that it would be very difficult, at best.

Haven't been on Oceania yet, but from what I read on other threads the rooms, although lovely, are smaller than many other ships.

I notice you haven't heard from anyone who has had three in a room. Anyone ????

One would think that if the rooms are indeed so compact, that the cruiseline might assign 3 in a room to slightly larger cabins as they are making more on those rooms.

However, that aside , with a good attitude and good humor you can still have a marverlous trip ! Good luck !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about the answer to this question. I am also thinking on going on an Oceania cruise with 2 friends and am wondering if anyone has actually experienced 3 adults in regular room. Will we need to search for another person and get two rooms? Ofcourse that will be more comfortable, but is it absolutely necessary? Would love to hear someones experience.

It could be difficult or lots of laughs! :p

Take your advice from Purple Cow (Ann) as she appears to be the "half-full glass". How wonderful that you can spend time with former classmates and friends. Do it now while you can - time just flies by.

Oceania cruises are so port intensive that you spend little time in your room. If you check out the deckplan and consult with your TA perhaps you can choose a room designated with an * for triple - the loveseat must become a sofa sleeper. Every third night one of you gets to sleep on it. Bathroom not spacious, that's a fact, but great storage...one of you should use a cosmetic/toiletries bag that hangs on door - there's plenty of room for 2. I'd go for it, but then I figure life only comes around once. Let it come for me on an Oceania Cruise!!! You're not gonna sleep anyhow, hopefully you'll be up all night talking. It sounds like such a great time...have fun.

:) Three gals in one cabin? Depends on your sense of humor and length of primping/preening routines. Two of our friends shared #4056 last summer while DH and I were on another deck. They decided they loved the location near the empty reception/destination desk area and one would use the cabin bathroom while the other slipped out to the public restroom across the hall. The public area was always deserted, especially very early in the morning and after dinner, and they got bold enough to streak across it in their PJ's! Mind you, these were pretty glamorous PJ's, without bunny slippers, and they had lots of laughs peeking around corners before making their mad dashes. With the relaxed country club dress code on Oceania, I never feel the need to spend hours "putting on my face", but if the three ladies in question are competitive in the glamour department, sharing one bathroom could be a catastrophe. I recommend a low-key beauty routine and a high-amp sense of humor. Life is as much fun as you choose to make it.

It CAN be done! It may be a bit tight, but as previous poster noted, you'll be spending very little time in your cabin. But iIf you do so, I'd suggest booking an inside cabin on Deck 8, as far forward as possible. Those cabins have pull-down upper bunks that recess into the ceiling during the day, so you're not stumbling around a pull-out sofabed with two permanent beds jutting into the room. And by being located forward, you can use the shower and facilities in the healthclub/spa if the line for your stateroom bathroom becomes too crowded. Just bring your bathrobe and everybody will assume you've been working out! :-)

Hi

Experience here. We have done many cruises with 3 women in a room. It is doable for sure, but we always take a balcony. The ability to have the extra sitting room on the veranda or at least to have a door open to the outside makes the room feel much less cramped. I would do what I can to get a balcony. The rooms feel very small with that extra person. Make sure you all take the least amount of clothes possible or you will find yourselves (like us) getting very creative of where to store things.

At the end of the day - you WILL have a great cruise.

Have fun!

A couple years ago I did a cruise with four cousins - our three mothers were sisters - and we cousins had not been all together since the summer days of childhood. We had two inside cabins between the five of us - I was in the cabin with three :eek: - and we had a wonderful time!

Yes, it was crowded, but there was so much reminiscing and laughing and just plain fun that I don't think any of us were at all bothered. It sounds as if you and your college friends have been through dorm life, and I'm betting you'll all have the best time ever on your reunion cruise. Have fun, and check back in and let us all know how it went!

• 2 weeks later...

In the fall I was in a room of three on Nautica. We were also on the 3rd level so in the smallest rooms with no balcony (just a port hole). Yes it was tight but doable. The only issue we had was that the foldout couch then butted up against the dresser so it was impossible to get by & had to be climbed over or the end flipped up.

I think it would work better in the rooms with a balcony where the couch is next to the outer wall of the ship & the beds on the side near the hallway. That way the foldout would not block access to the bathroom, etc for the ones in the beds. Ours was the reverse with the beds next to the outer wall of the ship.

hmmm. I never thought about the fact that someone might not be able to go to the bathroom at night. And 3 women yet! Well another challange !!! :o I must admit I am a bit spoiled and used to suites or at least rooms with balconies .

Well c'est la vie !!! It will be interesting.

Just 20 more days till the cruise !!!!

In the fall I was in a room of three on Nautica. We were also on the 3rd level so in the smallest rooms with no balcony (just a port hole). Yes it was tight but doable. The only issue we had was that the foldout couch then butted up against the dresser so it was impossible to get by & had to be climbed over or the end flipped up.

I think it would work better in the rooms with a balcony where the couch is next to the outer wall of the ship & the beds on the side near the hallway. That way the foldout would not block access to the bathroom, etc for the ones in the beds. Ours was the reverse with the beds next to the outer wall of the ship.

As mentioned many times...your room on 3 was exactly the same size as the ones on4,5,6,7...or inside NOT smallest but your point on the couch is relevant...I can see it causing a problem. But you'd have to be in a balcony to change that situation. I don't think "O" has the bunks that come down from wall or ceiling do they?:confused:

On one of our cruises, there were 3 ladies in their 60s or 70s traveling together, sharing an inside cabin. One had to sleep in a bed that dropped from the ceiling, but none of them could climb up there. They made a bed on the floor between the two beds, but then noone could walk around in the cabin. So they talked to the concierge and he transferred them to a level 4 ocean view at no extra charge. They were thrilled with the upgrade--very satisfied cruisers!

(I sat next to one of them on the flight over and saw her later on the ship--and she related this story to me.)

Archived