Beach and Pirate museum in 6 hours?

natebenma

We will be in Nassau on Sunday April 1 (no kidding!) from 7 am to 1 pm. Is realistic or even make sense to spend a few hours at one of the beaches first thing (probably get a day pass at the Westin) and then head back to port for the pirate museum around 11? I think our two boys, ages 8 and 5 would really enjoy the museum. Is there another beach we should try? About how long is the ride by taxi or jitney to the beaches?

Thanks!

I am a Pirate nut who watches everything on History channel, etc... that is Pirate related. Read alot of books on the subject, etc...

I went to the Pirate musuem back in September and was sorely disappointed when we went....

It starts out with a part of a replica ship (which you can see from their website) and some pirate dummies. (like the non moving portion of the old Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney)

Then it is some displays of various artifacts and many paintings of pirates and the pirate lifestyle.

I'd suggest trying to do a google image search for the museum and see if you still think your kids would enjoy the place. (personally at that age, I'd take an extra hour or so at the beach playing)

Maybe just stop by the gift shop portion (which is where you buy the tickets to enter anyway) and pick up a few things on the way back to the boat.

They did have some interesting goodies in the shop that kids would love.....

Bill

we did the pirates of nassau tour when my kids were 8 and 9, both were extremely bored and wanted to leave halfway through. skip it and the gift shop as well. Items are overpriced and can be purchased at home. Try looking in the straw market for a carved wood sword, my son enjoys his much more than the plastic junk he bought at the museum.

Archived