PB&J & room keys

wsue22

Two questions - I'm taking my 3 year old on a Royal Carib cruise this month. She is a peanut butter & jelly addict. Does anyone recall if they offer this on their kids menu?

Second question - is my 3 year old issued a key card for our cabin? It's just the two of us in an interior promenade stateroom. Directly across the hall is her grandparents balcony cabin. I was intending to bring a baby monitor so that her grandparents could listen in (and perhaps give me a chance to do something in the evening like enter the karaoke competition) but they need a key to the cabin and if I leave them mine I won't be able to order anything to drink, etc.

Am I crazy for even considering this? Does anyone have experience with baby monitors between cabins? I have a fairly new digital Graco model.

Key. My experience with NCL and Thomson was yes the child was given a key card. It doubles up as your identity card on the ship. If not, just ask for a spare key to lend to your grandparents. Shouldn't be a problem.

Peanut Butter and Jelly. No idea at all, sorry. As I told my daughter: if they ain't got it, you ain't gettin' it. (They ran out of Orange Jello that day) The beauty of a 3 year old is when they get hungry enough they'll stop fussing for what they want and will eat wot they got. (At the next port the Maitr'D went to the supermarket and bought some for her. She had Orange Jello every night after that.)

There is peanut butter. Guess what? My son who eats peanut butter and jelly everyday- has never asked for it on any other cruises we have taken. He see so many other things on the buffet- out of sight, out of mind.

I don't recall a PB&J being offered on any cruise menu yet.

Even if they did offer it, maybe you shouldn't let her know about it.

We went on HAL in 2003 when my kids were 4 and 2. One will ONLY eat peanut butter and one will eat ONLY jelly. They had it EVERY meal on a 7 night cruise. :rolleyes:

The waiter brought out peanut butter sandwiches and jelly sandwiches with the crusts cut off and the sandwiches cut in triangles. The kids loved them.

I couldn't convince then to eat anything else. I was just glad they ate. But what a waste... I could have fed them all week with 2 loaves of bread and a jar of pb and a jar of jelly in the cabin. :rolleyes: :eek:

Archived