White Water Rafting w/Kids

greencardwpb

We are going on RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas on 03/16/2007 with our kids, ages 10 (will be 11 in May) and 7 (will be 8 in April). The entire family would like to go white water rafting, howeve RCCL's shore excursion lists the minimum age as 12

I got in touch with Angie at Rios Tropicales and she tells me that it will be fine because the minimum age is 8 and that is should just sign up online. I went to do that and I can't because the kids are under 12 so it wont' let me. I got back in touch with Angie and she now says to sign up on the ship at the ShoreEx desk as they know the age is really 8.

I am a little leary of this and don't want to end up disappointed. Does anyone have any experience with this or can offer advice?

Thanks.

We are going on RCCL's Brilliance of the Seas on 03/16/2007 with our kids, ages 10 (will be 11 in May) and 7 (will be 8 in April). The entire family would like to go white water rafting, howeve RCCL's shore excursion lists the minimum age as 12

I got in touch with Angie at Rios Tropicales and she tells me that it will be fine because the minimum age is 8 and that is should just sign up online. I went to do that and I can't because the kids are under 12 so it wont' let me. I got back in touch with Angie and she now says to sign up on the ship at the ShoreEx desk as they know the age is really 8.

I am a little leary of this and don't want to end up disappointed. Does anyone have any experience with this or can offer advice?

Thanks.

I am on the 3/26 cruise and I had questions about this tour also I called the tour dept at RCCL and they were able to handle it over the phone. Try calling and talk to them. There is very limited availability for this tour so if it were me I wouldn't wait until you get on the ship. Also call asap because the online booking ends 10 days prior to the cruise, I believe.

Thanks.

The river isn't dangerous, the flow is dam controlled, and everyone wears life vests, and helmets. The key thing is being able to follow second, by second instructions. A few people on our tour got tossed overboard, but the water was comfortable, and they instruct you on what to do in that event. I was terrified to do this excursion, but I got roped into it. It ended up being one of my all time favorites. Your kids should be fine, I would have taken mine at that age.

Archived