long lines to book shore excursions

Jacky4

I just got back from a 4 day cruise on the Sensation. The cruise was great but I have one major complaint. I wanted to book a shore excursion as soon as I got on the ship and not once from the time I boarded until my 6:15 dinner was there less than 20 people in line. I refused to waste my first day standing in line. After dinner the shore excursion desk was closed. I know you can book on line but I had specific questions I needed to ask before booking and I didn't think calling Carnival ahead of time would give me accurate information. Luckily I went to the desk at 8:00am the next morning and got to book my excursion but my sister tried to book a different one and was told it was all full. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I am crazy to not want to waste my cruise time standing in line? And why do they close the excursion desk at 7:00 pm. There has to be a better way to do this.

I always book our excursions ahead of time online. I do not understand why they do not have the excursion desk opened longer than they do. We were on the Inspiration 2 summers ago. I saw alot of people standing in line waiting at the excursion desk. I was so thankful that we did not have to stand in line.

I just got back from a 4 day cruise on the Sensation. The cruise was great but I have one major complaint. I wanted to book a shore excursion as soon as I got on the ship and not once from the time I boarded until my 6:15 dinner was there less than 20 people in line. I refused to waste my first day standing in line. After dinner the shore excursion desk was closed. I know you can book on line but I had specific questions I needed to ask before booking and I didn't think calling Carnival ahead of time would give me accurate information. Luckily I went to the desk at 8:00am the next morning and got to book my excursion but my sister tried to book a different one and was told it was all full. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I am crazy to not want to waste my cruise time standing in line? And why do they close the excursion desk at 7:00 pm. There has to be a better way to do this.

Anyone who books a ship excursion WILL a VERY high $$$$ cost and stand in line, When will people learn NOT too book ship excursions.

Anyone who books a ship excursion WILL a VERY high $$$$ cost and stand in line, When will people learn NOT too book ship excursions.

Some of us prefer the "safety" of booking through the ship and don't mind a little extra expense. I guess I'm just NOT going to learn.

Just wondering why you couldn't do it on your T.V. in your stateroom? Thats what we did on the last cruise we were on it was great!

Fantasy class ships dont have fun vision= I sure did miss it !

Sensation is a Fantasy class ship.

I've always told my husband if I had to work on a ship, I'd work at the shore ex. office--they have the shortest hours.

Some of us prefer the "safety" of booking through the ship and don't mind a little extra expense. I guess I'm just NOT going to learn.

I agree It's always just us girls that go and I wouldn't think of not booking threw carnival..Less stress..I don't mind spending the money...I feel safer and that makes me relax and have a good time..

So I guess I won't ever learn either!!

Carla

whenever the shore excursions desk is closed you can book at the Purser's desk. there shld have been a sign right on the counter of the shore excursions desk notifying you of this.

Archived