Connected cabins?

nundi

I think we have got a cabin (6049) with a door into the next one on QM2. That's what it looks like on the deck plan. As a light sleeper, should I be worried about noise levels?

Thanks.

Nundi - I haven't been in a connected cabin on the QM2, but I have on other ships, and also in connecting hotel rooms. Although ships' cabins are generally better sound insulated than hotel rooms, I would still try to switch if you can. Unless your neighbors are quite types who don't talk, watch TV, flush the toilet, etc., you'll hear some of their noise and they'll hear yours. Also, the room will probably be laid out slightly differently than other cabins, with smaller pieces of furniture, so as not to block the door (a chair rather than a sofa, for example).

• 2 weeks later...

We had a connecting room on Infinity last summer. Our DDs were in the room next door, we never heard them. I have heard other people comment in the past that they heard their neighbors a lot. Our rooms were configured the same as other rooms of the same category. The door opened near the foot of the beds.

Archived