Boatyard questions

ArizonaTracie

Anyone who has been to the boatyard, I am looking for advice. Did they offer jet ski rental or parasailing? If so, how much was it? Also, is the food sold there good? expensive? How about the drinks? Can you snorkel from the beach or do they offer snorkeling tours?

We will be there in July and are thinking of making Barbados a beach day for us and our 13 yr old daughter...is this advisable?

Thanks to those who respond.:)

I'm looking for the same info. I will add a few more questions here too.

What about banana boat rides and price?

Is there shade available?

Anyone have pictures they can post of the Boatyard?

Thanks in advance for any info!

We have been to the Boatyard many times and love it. In fact we will be in Barbados on the first Saturday in April and will spend the day there. They have jet ski rental but not parasailing. They charge $10 a person admission. You get a beach chair, umbrella, and a drink token. They do have food alittle pricey, not too bad. The beach is great, the water is beautiful. I don't remember a banana boat ride. They do have some water toys you can play on for free. I think you will enjoy the day.

I have not been there myself but in my research for an April cruise, I found the following info on their website. It looks like they do have banana boats and parasailing listed. I think the entrance fee is $15. There are pictures on the website also. Hope this helps.

"What is there to do at The Boatyard?

How much time do you have?? There is so much to do and then MORE!! The Boatyard by day is fun, family orientated, relaxing, adventurous…actually everything you're looking for…you'll find at The Boatyard. Families love the Boatyard for all the fun water toys … for kids of all ages (Ocean Trampolines, Rope Swinging , Rock climbing Ice Burg and water slide), wave runners, Banana Boat rides, Para Sailing, Glass Bottom Boat Rides, Snorkeling gear, Kayaks, restaurant and bar facilities, changing rooms and fresh water showers. By night, The Boatyard transforms into a awesome nightclub where its time to let loose dancing under the stars. You must be over 18yrs old."

http://www.theboatyard.com/pview.html?p=cruiseship

Hi,

I was just at the Boatyard on February 22/07.

The cost is $15/person. This includes admission, chair, drink, access to washrooms, use of a water trampoline and free shuttle back to the ship.

We were very pleased with our day there. The beach is beautiful and clean. Food is available but I am not sure of the cost.

We were going to walk there but decided to take a cab ($3/person) instead.

The Boatyard has their own website (www.theboatyard.com). Be aware, they do mention that umbrellas are available for an extra cost but the demand exceeded the availability the day we were there. But my friend did get an umbrella about an hour after we were there. There is no shade unless you are sitting at the restaurant.

The water is clean and it was great fun playing in the natural waves.

The chairs were side by side but we spent more time in the water so it didn't matter to us.

We would recommend this beach. Have a great time.

Donna

Hi,

I was just at the Boatyard on February 22/07.

The cost is $15/person. This includes admission, chair, drink, access to washrooms, use of a water trampoline and free shuttle back to the ship.

We were very pleased with our day there. The beach is beautiful and clean. Food is available but I am not sure of the cost.

We were going to walk there but decided to take a cab ($3/person) instead.

The Boatyard has their own website (www.theboatyard.com). Be aware, they do mention that umbrellas are available for an extra cost but the demand exceeded the availability the day we were there. But my friend did get an umbrella about an hour after we were there. There is no shade unless you are sitting at the restaurant.

The water is clean and it was great fun playing in the natural waves.

The chairs were side by side but we spent more time in the water so it didn't matter to us.

We would recommend this beach. Have a great time.

Donna

Great info. I kinda thought there wasn't any shade. If my mother needed to walk up and sit in the restaurant area 1st would they let her? 2nd is it that far from the chairs and beach area?

Thanks so much

There are jet ski rentals right on the beach. I believe it was $40 for two people for a half an hour. I will double check with my husband. The food choices seemed to be somewhat limited, but I remember the food being pretty good. We have been to Barbados twice and both times ended up at the Boatyard. It is our favorite beach out of all of our stops!

Dear judyf,

The restaurant is located right behind the beach area where the chairs are. The restaurant is an open air restaurant that has a bar with bar stools plus tables and chairs. Not sure if they would care if your mom sat there.

The restaurant area plays music constantly. Enjoyable but can be loud.

The washrooms are up a flight of stairs.

We had a basket of fries that were great and better yet the waiter chose not to charge us for them.

Enjoy!

If I went back to Barbados I would certainly go back to the Boatyard for a great day at the beach.

But be sure to wear lots of sunscreen. Easy to get a pretty good sunburn.

Donna

It is a great beach. Beautiful white sand and gorgeous warm clear water. For the kids (or adult kids) they have a trampoline and ice berg in the water. Also have a rope swing off the pier but not sure it that is included or not. Nice small shop for clothes/trinkets. But as the other poster mentioned, the bathroom is up a flight of stairs so if this is hard for your mother? We love it there, go every time we cruise to Barbados!!

Archived