Who is staying in the Ben & Jerry's "Sweet"?

Just wanted to touch base to see if anyone from Cruise Critic has actually stayed in the Ben & Jerry's cabin yet on any of the recent sailings. If you have, we'd LOVE to see pictures!:D

I just got back from the Liberty, June 2nd sailing. I stayed in cabin 6305 "Ben & Jerry's Sweet". Cabin was decorated in all cow Decor. We got a voucher that was good for 14 menu items (1 per person per day) from Ben & Jerry's. You could get a five scoop sundae with four empty cups and it counted as 1 treat! We didn't even use all the credits. Our room was also treated as a real suite. We got cards that gave us access to the suite concierge lounge. A fruit basket, cookie plate, petit four plate, and cheese plate was delivered on 4 of the evenings. We also were able to use our concierge key for the ice show. No need to wait in line for tickets. They also delivered Cow candy on one of the nights. I would recommend this room to all. The view is a little obstructed but it is right across from Cafe Promenade and right next to the floating bridge that has the entertainment over the Royal Promenade.

032.jpg.72a4956fdf958e7c20a0bbbb3830bd12.jpg

We booked for the "Sweet" on the 9/15 sailing, and hubby loves those little extra's they do. He will be happy. In fact, I am not going to tell. I will just play dumb and go along with it...

So, it sounds like you can see some of the stuff going on down below and around right? They should have made the windows kinda like the big hotel windows with the little slidy thing so you can hear what is going on down below.

I just got back from the Liberty, June 2nd sailing. I stayed in cabin 6305 "Ben & Jerry's Sweet". Cabin was decorated in all cow Decor. We got a voucher that was good for 14 menu items (1 per person per day) from Ben & Jerry's. You could get a five scoop sundae with four empty cups and it counted as 1 treat! We didn't even use all the credits. Our room was also treated as a real suite. We got cards that gave us access to the suite concierge lounge. A fruit basket, cookie plate, petit four plate, and cheese plate was delivered on 4 of the evenings. We also were able to use our concierge key for the ice show. No need to wait in line for tickets. They also delivered Cow candy on one of the nights. I would recommend this room to all. The view is a little obstructed but it is right across from Cafe Promenade and right next to the floating bridge that has the entertainment over the Royal Promenade.

Thank you SO much for posting! I was told by RCI that it was cabin 6305 and I had seen the plaque on the door, but it's nice to hear from someone who has stayed there firsthand! I'm thrilled to hear about the concierge treatment. My son will LOVE the ice cream & cookies and I will love the fruit, cheese & petit fours.....okay, I admit--I'll love the ice cream & cookies too.:o

Do you have any other pictures from the cabin to share? Do you have have a link to a Webshots page or something like that?

Thank you SO much for posting! I was told by RCI that it was cabin 6305 and I had seen the plaque on the door, but it's nice to hear from someone who has stayed there firsthand! I'm thrilled to hear about the concierge treatment. My son will LOVE the ice cream & cookies and I will love the fruit, cheese & petit fours.....okay, I admit--I'll love the ice cream & cookies too.:o

Do you have any other pictures from the cabin to share? Do you have have a link to a Webshots page or something like that?

Yes. There is another thread on Cruise Critic. On the first page about 3/4 down are pics of the cabin. Go to this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=338882&highlight=ben+jerry%27s+sweet

Thanks Mickeyny31. Actually, I've seen that thread, but I was hoping to see some actual pictures of the one on Liberty. (Those pictures are of the one on Freedom.) Since it's such a unique room, I don't imagine that they are identical on both ships. Although you never know...

Thanks Mickeyny31. Actually, I've seen that thread, but I was hoping to see some actual pictures of the one on Liberty. (Those pictures are of the one on Freedom.) Since it's such a unique room, I don't imagine that they are identical on both ships. Although you never know...

I will look for some new pics thru my collection. Look for them maybe tonight.

I will look for some new pics thru my collection. Look for them maybe tonight.

Thanks! I'm just curious about the decorations & stuff. I went back & read your post again and remembered that you said it was right across from Cafe Promenade. That's great because on Freedom my son & his new friends liked to hang out there & talk before they came back to the cabin if there wasn't anything going on in the teen center. If he does that again on Liberty, I'll know when he's there.:)

I had booked a promenade stateroom last Friday for Liberty of the Seas on Nov. 29, 2008 - I had always wanted this room but didn't know the #, I called Royal Caribbean this morning and 6305 was still available so my travel agent was able to switch to that cabin - I can't wait!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Any new pictures of Liberty's Ben & Jerry cabin? Would love to see them from anyone who has them...

Even though it will be awhile, I'll take a bunch. When we came back from Freedom last year, we have over 700 pictures!!!:eek: When exactly do you leave? I tried to do the math in my head, but I can't balance check book sometimes! We are on the 9/15 sailing. Just hoping we get back in time for you to see the pics!

Even though it will be awhile, I'll take a bunch. When we came back from Freedom last year, we have over 700 pictures!!!:eek: When exactly do you leave? I tried to do the math in my head, but I can't balance check book sometimes! We are on the 9/15 sailing. Just hoping we get back in time for you to see the pics!

We're on the 9/29 sailing! So if the pictures are posted during the week between when you get back & I leave, then I'll see them. My son is pretty excited about the ice cream. I'm excited about the concierge treatment.:D (Okay, and the ice cream too....)

We're on the 9/29 sailing! So if the pictures are posted during the week between when you get back & I leave, then I'll see them. My son is pretty excited about the ice cream. I'm excited about the concierge treatment.:D (Okay, and the ice cream too....)

My plan is to take my laptop, and copy and organize while onboard (so much easier to do then when I don't have 3 kids running around.) Then when I get home I will upload them and send them your way. Send me your e-mail address jennbngl@sbcglobal.net and I'll be sure to get them to you quickly!

A few pics of the suite, it was so cool. Cow motif everywhere. As far as looking out is concerned, you can look down the promenade but not down to the floor below. The platform the cows are on blocks the view down. I

did not watch any parades from the room (since it was not actually my room but my 2 daughters')but I think you will be able to see some of it but not like in an unobstructed room.

They were supposed to have a voucher for the ice cream but did not get it right away. If yours is not in your room contact the concierge.

I think the concierge lounge is a nice touch, although they did not use it since we/they are diamond members they used the diamond lounge.

111796324_June2007005.jpg.e0c00554dbec397ead644b9739a25ba4.jpg

213245392_June2007006.jpg.33d6248a15662568c353eab8df728852.jpg

1273823708_June2007007.jpg.8704389f8b797567b11266c9c07aa598.jpg

914177262_June2007008.jpg.d0b97085cb61d1f96b09c3763b828d1f.jpg

2005_1011liberty20070013.jpg.c73d7cb426e288e052459f3740806ce3.jpg

A few pics of the suite, it was so cool. Cow motif everywhere. As far as looking out is concerned, you can look down the promenade but not down to the floor below. The platform the cows are on blocks the view down. I

did not watch any parades from the room (since it was not actually my room but my 2 daughters')but I think you will be able to see some of it but not like in an unobstructed room.

They were supposed to have a voucher for the ice cream but did not get it right away. If yours is not in your room contact the concierge.

I think the concierge lounge is a nice touch, although they did not use it since we/they are diamond members they used the diamond lounge.

Thanks LadeeBug100! I have a question--in the first picture (the one of the shelves) there is a sign on the wall above the shelf. Do you remember what that sign said? Just curious...

I had the idea about us Cruise Critic members leaving cows in the room just for fun. That would be an excellent place to do it. Add to the collection each time. I'm SO bringing some kind of little cow trinket or something to put on one of those shelves!:D I'll take a picture of it and post it here when I come back. Maybe we can start a tradition!

I think it said something like don't take the items out of the room, leave them for everyone to enjoy.

Sooooo, they won't mind if cows start mysteriously APPEARING....:p

By the way, I LOVE the cow picture on the wall in that second picture above!! I'd love to find where they got it, it would go great in my kitchen.

Just curious, since I'm booked in it myself the week of 9/29/07. I saw pictures of the one on Freedom, with all of the cow decorations and I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun if each cruise whoever stayed in the cabin brought one small cow item/decoration to leave in the cabin?" Whoever does could take a picture of the item in the cabin and post the picture when they get back! Of course, if EVERYONE did that, there would be no room eventually for any passengers in the cabin, I suppose. :rolleyes: LOL! I've read reports of parts of artwork going missing on various ships due to mischievious kids, drunk adults, or whatever, so wouldn't it be a fun idea to "give something back" instead? I wonder if the stateroom attendants would get rid of the items or just leave them there....

hi Jane! It's Jayme, Becky and Chris's friend (Monarch).....this is you right??

Almost made it on the Liberty this Sept. with you guy's, could not get refunded on the airline we booked for our Hawaii trip. Oh well, just got back from alaska anyway, we will do Liberty next year! Hope your doing well,

See you on the Monarch in January, can't wait!!!

Jayme

p.s I really do hope this is the right Jane (hee-hee) :rolleyes:

coming up: Monarch of the Seas - 1/08 ;)

Hi Jayme! You've got the right Jane. ;) I'd love to hear all about your Alaska trip. We've scheduled it for June '08, for my 40th birthday. It's too bad you won't be on Liberty. That would have been fun! I probably won't be on Monarch, since I've got Alaska in June. But we'll sail together again soon!

Hi Jayme! You've got the right Jane. ;) I'd love to hear all about your Alaska trip. We've scheduled it for June '08, for my 40th birthday. It's too bad you won't be on Liberty. That would have been fun! I probably won't be on Monarch, since I've got Alaska in June. But we'll sail together again soon!

Hey Jane,

I just confirmed with beck this morning that I did have the right jane! Too bad about the Monarch in Jan, but you will LOVE Alaska! What a great 40th b-day!

That's why we are going to Hawaii, for my 40th!

Which ship? We just got back 2 weeks ago off the Serenade. I am spoiled though, smaller ship......not used to it!! It was a totally different cruise....meaning weather wise, age wise etc....we are used to warm weather cruises! But nonetheless, it is something you should do once in your life, it's truly awesome! We must have taken over 1,200 pics! Thank god for digital huh?? When you get closer, check out the Alaska board, I got SO much helpful info from it! Just don't forget binochulars, there a must!

Have a great day and have fun on the Liberty! You guy's will have a blast!

coming up: Monarch of the Seas - 1/08 :p

• 1 month later...

Archived