Why did Carnival assign past guest # to DH?

Shortly after returning from our first cruise in December I received an e-mail from Carnival addressed to my DH with "our" past guest #. But the e-mail only had his name on it. Well, this kind of rubbed me the wrong way considering that *I* am the one that signed up to receive the Carnival e-mails (DH doesn't even know how to operate a computer), *I* am the one that planned the entire cruise, *I* am the one who's name was on the credit card we used to pay for the cruise as well as pay for all on board purchashes and *I* was the first person listed on all documents. So why would Carnival assign the past guest # in his name AND if I ever cruise in the future without him will I be able to use the past guest # for discounts? Because all DH has to do to plan for a vacation is request the proper days off from work.

LOL!!! The EXACT same thing happened on our first cruise last year. Even the Carnival magazines came in his name after the cruise. They even put his name first on the tickets. So, this year I just put the cruise in HIS name and paid for it on HIS card. I too need to call and get my past guest number.

Shortly after returning from our first cruise in December I received an e-mail from Carnival addressed to my DH with "our" past guest #. But the e-mail only had his name on it. Well, this kind of rubbed me the wrong way considering that *I* am the one that signed up to receive the Carnival e-mails (DH doesn't even know how to operate a computer), *I* am the one that planned the entire cruise, *I* am the one who's name was on the credit card we used to pay for the cruise as well as pay for all on board purchashes and *I* was the first person listed on all documents. So why would Carnival assign the past guest # in his name AND if I ever cruise in the future without him will I be able to use the past guest # for discounts? Because all DH has to do to plan for a vacation is request the proper days off from work.

I feel your pain. That is the way it is in our house "I" make all the reservations, etc and "he" gets credit it for it! It's just not right!:rolleyes:

Archived