How long is your list?????

dotcruiser

My cruise on the Legend isn't till end of November and because of these fantastic boards my running list consist of more than 50 extra stuff. (not including the clothes, shoes, etc.) Who thought cruising months away could be so much fun? Everytime I see something someone suggests, I write it down and am amazed I hadn't thought of that. Such useful info. Thanks boards. How many things are on YOUR list so far........anyone got something they think we didn't think of or would of loved to bring on their past cruise?

Don't forget that eyeglass repair kit or bug spray. Dry cleaner bags make great wrinkle free clothes!

I am 6 weeks out and am getting itchy to pack.:) :cool:

Me too!!!!!!!!!! :D I am thinking of putting open suitcases on my daughter's bed (she has left for college)this weekend and start putting things in them! Is is too early....have I just gone over the top? :p DH thinks so!!

Lexi

Elation 9/12/04

Part of the fun is in the planning. I also write down new things I learn from this board all the time. I don't even have a cruise booked at the moment, but still keep paper and pen handy to write down things for future cruises.

Me too!!!!!!!!!! :D I am thinking of putting open suitcases on my daughter's bed (she has left for college)this weekend and start putting things in them! Is is too early....have I just gone over the top? :p DH thinks so!!

Lexi

Elation 9/12/04

I will get my suitcase out if you will too:D I am leaving also on the 12th, just a different ship. Pride.I am going 2 days early and staying with my sister who lives in Southern Calif.:)

I did that last year--got packing too early and the few days before kept adding more stuff. In the end I took way more than I needed. I know it's tempting, but you will forget what you packed. Lists are the answer. I also bought a laundry basket in the $ store and put bathing suits and things that wouldn't wrinkle in that to appease myself, I called it "gathering" and it worked for me. Whatever you do, whenever you pack...have a wonderful time. :D

We just talked this morning about getting our suitcases out of the attic today. We are leaving on 8/27 for a 8/29 cruise. I have been 'gathering' for a little over a week and the pile is getting to be in the way. We don't have any extra beds to sit it on (lucky you!!) so ours will definitely be in the way! LOL. But, every time I trip over it I will think happy cruise thoughts!!!

Usually I try to travel very light...many cruises/trips I have done carry on only. but, for some reason or other, i don't think this will be one of those years. I think i have a bit of pack rat in me after reading these boards for the past month!

It is easy to get by with only carry ons and it definitely makes for an easier trip to and from....but, this time i want to take my 'fine wine' and more sodas and a bungee, etc etc etc. I will let you know if i felt it was all worth dragging from MD to LA to Jamiaca, MExico and Grand Cayman and back after I return!

I will get my suitcase out if you will too:D I am leaving also on the 12th, just a different ship. Pride.I am going 2 days early and staying with my sister who lives in Southern Calif.:)

You got a deal!! ***handshake*** ;)

My suitcase are already out because I bought them recently and didn't see any reason to stuff them in the attic!! But I think I'm gonna open 'em up today and start packing! whohooooo!! Glad I am not the only one "over the top"! Have a great trip! :D

Lexi

I did that last year--got packing too early and the few days before kept adding more stuff. In the end I took way more than I needed. I know it's tempting, but you will forget what you packed. Lists are the answer.

Thanks Bunkie! That is what DH (Russell) says...you will forget what you pack! I figure packing might keep me busy enough to quit shopping for cruise clothes!! :D

Long ago, I cleared out one drawer in my dresser. That is my "vacation drawer". All the little handy-dandy items I find at any time of the year go into the drawer - and when I return from a cruise, it's put back into that drawer for next time...or next land vacation, or quick wknd, whatever.

Hey, just move some of your lingerie to your sock drawer.... Everybody needs a vacation drawer! It's a MUST!:D :D :D

Archived