Crown Princess - Cabin D 732

San10s

We just got off the Crown a week ago and as requested by some folks, I wanted to post information about our cabin on the Dolphin deck, D 732. We had our bed made up into one queen bed. It is two separate beds that can be made into twins if needed. There was also a couch which folded out into a full size bed and there was a pull down-from-the- ceiling bunk available as well. The uncovered deck was fabulous! :D

As it so happened, even though we were on the 'port' side of the ship, in every port (the Bonaire route) we were on the dock side of things. I enjoyed watching the port staff securing the lines from the ship and then watching at sail away as well. (yes....even after 18 cruises I love it!)

The deck had two reclining cable chairs with a blue mesh seating and a small side table big enough for putting a couple of drinks on it. There was also patio type table with two big enough for three to dine at with two upright metal chairs. The balcony is one of the extended balconies and we entertained our group of 16 we traveled with on several occasions for pre-dinner drinks. We could have had another dozen on the balcony easily. :D We also had our terrific cabin steward, Edwin, bring us two chaises and we loved using them.

The bad news is that now my DH wants that same cabin on future cruises. :eek: It is hard to get these cabins as people fnd out about the great extra space. I remember when we said to each other.....we'll never book anything but an outside cabin....then we changed it to.....a balcony cabin....and now we are saying we will only book a mini-suite!! :rolleyes:

If you have any questions about the Crown or the aft Dolphin mini-suites or the Caribe deck cabin C 753, let me know.

Judy

Next - Alaska May 12, 2007:D

Judy: Thanks for your response about D732. That's just what I wanted to hear. I am really excited about that cabin. We are on the other itinerary and I understand it is not always dockside, but it still will be fabulous. We were on the Westerdam two years ago in an angled cabin that had more cabin space and more balcony space. It was so great I always look for the 'secret' cabins. I'm glad you had a great time! We're really looking forward to our trip. Thanks. Mary PS Do you have any photos?

Hi Judy...thanks for the description..We're in D727 on the crown cruise in July (our first princess cruise). Is this area near staircases ( hate elevators:eek: ) and can you tell me any short cuts in getting around from this location:) Also, I was glad to hear that you loved your uncovered balconey, I've been alittle worried about that...

Thanks

Crissy

We're in D734 on the Crown in July. Can you tell me what's in that blank spot beside our cabin? I called Princess and they DIDN'T KNOW. Surprised me because I figure they would have been asked that one before. I take it you were in the suite next to the room we're going to have so can you help me with this info?

I'm sure that because you had a cabin in between you and whatever is in that blank spot you're room was quiet, so you wouldn't be able to tell me about the noise level in ours, but how rocky was it? The balcony was totally covered was it not? Were the balconies deep? And one last question - Do you know what that white partition thing is that's on our balcony? Will that restrict our vision?

Thanks in advance, Judy.

Kim

Archived