Confessions of a shoe-addict

dianepm

OK....I go into a shoe store and feel the need to take all the pretty ones home with me (kinda like when I walk into a pet store too :D ). How many different pairs of shoes do I really need...I figure 3. 1 pair of sandals, 1 pair of formal shoes, and 1 pair of walking shoes.

...I am sure there is a shoe critic site for you somewhere...

Was there a cruising point to your post?

She asked how many pairs she might need... perhaps the wrong forum, but she did ask a question.

I have long suspected that my wife is an illegitimate daughter of Imelda Marcos. As a starting point, she multiplies the number of cruise days times three. And don't get me started on the purses.

...I am sure there is a shoe critic site for you somewhere...

Was there a cruising point to your post?

Chill out- She asked a question- if her thread gets moved so be it. I actually would like to answer. Seven to eight pairs my dear or more! Just remember you pack it you lug it!:)

My cousin took one suitcase just for her shoes :D ...thankfully before we boarded she picked out a few pairs n left the rest in the car at port...hehee

(and don't feel bad about not knowin there was a fashion forum, I to didn't know, and they moved my post, and I felt like I did something major wrong, yet just a few threads above mine was another related to pretty much the same thing, and it wasn't moved, so then I really felt someone didn't like me and I screwed up.)

And if my Aunt had gone....she'd have packed a trunk just of shoes....and like the other poster...don't even mention purses!!! laffs..this woman has way to many of both! :D

I brought 7 pairs (you know, the this sandal goes with these shorts kind of thing) but I found I wore the same 4 pairs over and over...

It has gotten so bad that hubby won't let me in the house with a new pair of footwear unless I throw out 2 existing pairs...

This year I will compromise and bring 6- there are 2 formal nights after all...

I agree with the others, I think 3 is a bit too few. For a couple of reasons:

1) You might be doing a lot of walking if you go to port each day. I find it better for my feet if I don't do a ton of walking in the same shoes every day.

2) Consider the types of activites you have planned when making your choices. Do your excursions need special footwear - water shoes, shoes that can get dirty/wet, etc.

3) Also, remember you'll need pool shoes - flip flops or other easy on off shoes.

Remember, it can seem crazy to take too many shoes but I wouldn't want to try to buy shoes in the ports if you deciede you need 'em. Personally, I find 7 to 8 to be the right number.

i'm taking 3, possibly a 4th pair. Sketchers for walking excursions etc., a nice pair of black dressy shoes that go with my formal clothing. 1 pair of sandals that can be worn around the ship. I might take another pair of deck type shoes, but we'll have to see how it all fits in the luggage.

I dont' think I own over 7 pairs of shoes, I was definitely born w/out the girly shoe/purse fetish!

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
I have long suspected that my wife is an illegitimate daughter of Imelda Marcos. As a starting point, she multiplies the number of cruise days times three. And don't get me started on the purses.

Ha! hahahahaha! I am your wife's illegitimate twin sister. But, . . . your wife takes purses????? Wow!!!!! How many does she take? I often felt that sacrificing the 10 purses that match the 10 pairs of sandals was my way of "keeping it to a minimum":D

I want to take purses too.

It also depends on the length of your cruise though. My cruise is 4 nights - only two ports and one formal night. So I'll proabably take four pair. I suppose if it were a longer cruise with more than one formal night and a couple more ports, I'd probably take a few more. ?? (And my husband would yell at me for taking up so much room in the suitcase with shoes. :rolleyes: )

SHOES ADDICTS, UNITE! *hi-5*

Ha! hahahahaha! I am your wife's illegitimate twin sister. But' date=' . . . your wife takes purses????? Wow!!!!! How many does she take? I often felt that sacrificing the 10 purses that match the 10 pairs of sandals was my way of "keeping it to a minimum":D

I want to take purses too.[/quote']

1st 5 day..19..wore all but 2..2nd 10day....13...now go all blk w/ sil/gld, or brn copper/gold..still have 8/9 pr per ..plus my penchant for evening bags..have over 50..but take 1 for every eve dress...use a lanyard for sea days...and an okd canvas tote for shore..dont bring reg handbag..just pocket on the rolly for ck in..but just got off #21 w/#22 in 49 days..still 8/9r for me...my feet swell, so need changes..happy shooz-ing to all my shoe sisters

From a total shoe-a-holic. I have been pretty good for the past two cruises, but when I first cruised I would have to have a different pair for every outfit. I have Lime green, purple,pink,red, blue,salmon, I think you get the picture.

So what I have done is,

1. Pair of Tennis Shoes

2.One pair of very nice clear (yes they are plastic) this can be worn with all of my skirts and dresses, including my formal wear.

3. One pair of very comfortable sandles. and my water socks

The nice thing about this is......... when I go shopping during the cruise and I find a pair of two I have plenty of room to take them home. LOL ;)

Archived